What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 som ss

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 som ss

I'm Looking into this for a friend. This is his 60ish moms car who is the second owner. The first owner was his brother who put the 35,000 or so miles on it. The car now has 47,249. It is stock and in near perfect shape. Here is a list of options and the vin as well. I don't have pics right now but I can get some.

The following is a list of options on the 2001 Camaro Z28, SS with 47,249 miles.dum Vin# 2G1FP22G512149590.
V-8, 5.7 Liter, Automatic, ABS (4 wheel), Air Conditioning, Power Windows & Door Locks, Cruise Control, Power Steering, Tilt Wheel, AM/FM Stereo, Cassette, Dual Air Bags, Power Seat, Leather, T-Bar Roof, Rear Spoiler, Premium Wheels, anddumtheft lock.

I think it should go for 10,000 to 12,500 let me know what you all think. They are selling it because his dad has cancer and wants to put the money towards a new car so she will not have to worry about anything after he is gone. I would buy it if I had the ability but since I can't I want this car to go for a good price to a Camaro person and help them out.

Thanks,
Steven
Old 11-18-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I got my 2001 som camaro with 49,000 miles for $12,500 3 years ago. So, you should be able to get about that.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

I think you are in the right ball park. There is no reason to take less than $10,000 for this car unless there are title issues or Carfax problems. The color is highly desireable. The car is stock and hopefully well maintained and not abused. Asking $12,000 is fair but taking less may be required, especially if selling during this slow holiday season. If the car needs tires or any repairs, then that has to be factored in as well. Best of luck!

** The reason for selling the car seems odd to me. This car should not have any major problems with that low mileage, nothing but simple maintenance for many, many years, like fluid changes, belts, tires, batteries, etc... No big deal. All that actually could be done NOW if needed just for preventative maintenance. What does a new car get this woman?? It will still need maintenance in the future, the same as the SS. All the husband is doing is taking thousands and thousands of dollars off the table, perhaps money she could use elsewhere. If she doesn't like the car, then that is a different story.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

She likes it but he is worried, that it's getting old. Needs nothing, everthing has been very well maintained. No title issues either. I think she is also starting to have some issues getting in and out of it. This car makes mine look like a turd, it's just so damn clean.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by skat
She likes it but he is worried, that it's getting old. Needs nothing, everthing has been very well maintained. No title issues either. I think she is also starting to have some issues getting in and out of it. This car makes mine look like a turd, it's just so damn clean.
Sounds like a nice one. It is difficult for the older generation to realize that old for a car doesn't mean the same thing as in the past, especially when the car is garage kept out of the elements. 20 years means nothing anymore if a car is well maintained and the miles aren't too high. I personally consider any car from 1993 up (the new a/c systems are so much better) to be a potential keeper. I can't believe my newest car is now 10 years old yet I would leave tomorrow on a cross country trip in any of the three cars. That SS you're talking about is probably the same way. A real 'buy' for someone.

Last edited by NC01TA; 11-20-2011 at 08:49 AM.