What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 ss le

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011 | 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default 2002 ss le

Just wondering what y'all would say this is worth?

2002 SS Limited Edition
Production #'s in Sig
61k miles
Convertible
6 speed
CME
LT's and Y pipe
MGW shifter
UMI 3 point SFC's
Brakemotive rotors
Tuned

The car is in great shape and I really have no plans of selling it, but I am just curious as to what it may be worth if I decide to.
Attached Thumbnails 2002 ss le-camaro-1.jpg   2002 ss le-camaro-2.jpg   2002 ss le-camaro-3.jpg  
Old 12-08-2011 | 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

Nice!! The car is probably worth in the $15,000 neighborhood. The mods don't appear too severe to hurt the potential buyer's market but they may turn off a few potential lookers one day whenever you decide to sell. Check out www.kbb.com under 'private party' sales and see what they sell for in your zip code. You decide what 'condition' you want to use but remember very few cars are actually 'excellent'. Make sure you punch in all the 'options' too, especially mileage, the SS and Anniversary packages, etc.. so you don't come up with a low figure. Remember that is what the car is worth. It doesn't always translate into real world sales figures but you should be quite close though. Very desireable car.
Old 12-08-2011 | 07:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Awesome. That's good to know. I paid significantly less for it than that. I owe 8.5k on it right now. When I leave for basic it'll have approx 62k and will stay that way will the beginning of 2013. Hopefully the value will climb a bit.
Old 12-09-2011 | 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tyler_PinkertonZ28
Awesome. That's good to know. I paid significantly less for it than that. I owe 8.5k on it right now. When I leave for basic it'll have approx 62k and will stay that way will the beginning of 2013. Hopefully the value will climb a bit.
Unfortunately the opposite will be true. It will decline in value as the car gets older. It doesn't have that 'collectible' stock, low mileage requirement that drives car prices higher. Just store it properly and enjoy the heck out of it upon your return.
Old 12-09-2011 | 09:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Good point. I always figured a true collector would probably not even be interested in a 60k mile car, they are after those extremely rare less than 20k mile cars. But I think you are right. I'll pay it off and just enjoy having a rare low mile car.