What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What is a 2000 SS Vert worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a 2000 SS Vert worth?

I have a 2000 SS Vert I am thinking of selling.

It has 111,000 miles on it.

It is an auto. It was repainted when I bought it and the factory emblems were gone..... It's Red with Silver 2002 style.. stripes, Automatic 4 Speed, Motor has been Computer Tuned by a really good tuner down in Sac. and has a polished throttle body on it, True Dual exhaust with high flow cats and x-pipe, Gold Line lowering springs, Fully adjustable pan rod bar, 17x9.5 Torque Thrust Polished Rims, Aftermarket Body Kit, Custom Two Tone Leather interior with black carpet, Recent Stayfast Cloth Top with Glass Back Window, Factory Monsoon CD player with factory trunk mounted 12 Disk CD player, 2 8" Boston Acoustic Subs in a custom Sub Box and Mono Amp. 111k miles

Here are some photos of it.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

It sounds like you have a lot of time and $$ invested in this car to make it exactly like you wanted. I would think twice about selling it because it will be tough to find someone else that shares your exact tastes. The money just won't be there for you. If you absolutely want to sell the car I'm not sure you will do much better than the 'average' www.kbb.com 'private party' pricing for a 100,000+ miles car. You decide the condition but remember that your car will probably fall in the 'good' category at best. The mileage dictates this no matter how nice it is. Ask whatever you are comfortable with but the actual price will most likely fall in that range. If you decide to sell, be patient as the nice convertible summer season is approaching. Good timing.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
It sounds like you have a lot of time and $$ invested in this car to make it exactly like you wanted. I would think twice about selling it because it will be tough to find someone else that shares your exact tastes. The money just won't be there for you. If you absolutely want to sell the car I'm not sure you will do much better than the 'average' www.kbb.com 'private party' pricing for a 100,000+ miles car. You decide the condition but remember that your car will probably fall in the 'good' category at best. The mileage dictates this no matter how nice it is. Ask whatever you are comfortable with but the actual price will most likely fall in that range. If you decide to sell, be patient as the nice convertible summer season is approaching. Good timing.
Thanks for the help, I didn't realize the miles would make it hit the good based on the miles. We have a bunch of cars, and this one, that used to live in the garage has been replaced with my newest hotrod that can't be out in the weather at all, so it has started being left outside... and not driven much, it was my DD, so I am just looking at selling something...... I have decided to put the Camaro and a couple of the tbirds out there for sale.

I went and looked at KKB, I actually listed it on clist for less than the poor private party it looks like.

Cheers
RustyNCA
Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Sounds like you have it priced for a quick sale.
Let me further explain about condition. When I said 'good', it would be the best possible condition for the car without it sounding like hogwash. I am basing that on people's perceptions and there is no escaping that. Most 'lookers' would think any 100,000+ miles car would be 'fair' and that 'good' would be a possibility. 'Very good' to 'excellent' and people would just roll their eyes and say, "Right!". It doesn't mean your car isn't outstanding, it just can't be listed that way due to these perceptions. You want people to call and not be put off by what they consider to be inaccurate descriptions. When someone actually comes out to see your car, then you can watch their expression. Best of luck!

Quick Reply: What is a 2000 SS Vert worth?