What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 WS6 98k miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 WS6 98k miles

So starting to think about selling the car and getting an upgrade... but haven't made a final decision yet. Anyway I know what NADA etc say but wanted some real opinions. Been looking at autotrader / craiglist as well but prices vary so much hard to get a good grip on a value. Car has no issues, runs perfect and sounds great.

2001 WS6 Black
98xxx miles, fully loaded
2nd owner, had it since '04 ish, got it with 2,400 miles on the odometer.

very small list of mods:

Corsa Cat-back
Texas speed 1 3/4 headers and catted y pipe
SLP air lid
upgraded the clutch kit, fly wheel etc
3m clear bra

Normal wear and tear as far as the outside paint goes, few scratches etc.
Interior is still in great shape.
Never seen a track or drag strip.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

It is difficult to find a proper price by looking at the sales sites. Some owners ask such crazy prices that it throws off proper pricing points. They think their cars are GOLD. Since you have looked at NADA already, probably KBB as well, that is indeed the price range you should be in if you want a 'real world' and quick sale. If not in a hurry always ask a bit higher and see if you get any bites. That is what dealers do, then the prices come down until somewhat realistic (usually). Your mods are not too extreme even though some 'lookers' may be turned off. The mileage is the key problem as I generally advise people not to pay much more than $8,000, maybe $9,000 if really nice, for LS1 cars with 100,000 miles. No matter how nice owners keep their cars, money is always needed within that first year (for something) and you don't want to have $10,000 invested in a 10+ year old car with 6 figures in mileage within the first year of ownership. I see that your car is priced around $10,000 (in my zip code) so definitely start there which will give you some negotiating room with a potential buyer. $9,900 would be that 'psychological' price point. GLWS!!