What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2005 Corvette value?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2005 Corvette value?

I know what edmunds, nada, and kbb say, but they seem very low compared to what I see for sale on autotrader, etc. I'm looking at possibly buying the following car from an individual:

2005 Corvette, Daytona Sunset Orange
Automatic
136,000 miles
Z51
Nav, DVD, etc.

Only imperfections: dull headlight lenses, rear tires 75% gone, passenger window switch acting up, driver window motor sounds like it will need replaced soon. Normal wear on interior, but good.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

136K is alot of miles for an 05' and for a car that was potentially abused since it's a sports car. I would seriously consider buying one with lower miles even if it costs you more. I guess it depends on how much they are asking for this car though....you didn't list that. Unless they are giving it away, I would buy something with low miles.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well if Im not mistaken, there is one on here that just sold.. it was a red '05 automatic, same mileage, and it sold for around $17,500. Sounds like a good deal to me! but if you continue to shop, Im sure you can find one under 100k for around 20
Old 05-01-2012, 06:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by general23cmp
I know what edmunds, nada, and kbb say, but they seem very low compared to what I see for sale on autotrader, etc. I'm looking at possibly buying the following car from an individual:

2005 Corvette, Daytona Sunset Orange
Automatic
136,000 miles
Z51
Nav, DVD, etc.

Only imperfections: dull headlight lenses, rear tires 75% gone, passenger window switch acting up, driver window motor sounds like it will need replaced soon. Normal wear on interior, but good.
I headlined that part of your quote because you are going to be quite mistaken about that. That is a TON of mileage on an '05, especially a Corvette. Lord knows what kind of money you would be putting into that car during the first year of ownership. Look around and PASS on this unless you can get it ridiculously cheap, way under any price guide book. Asking prices on Autotrader are just that, asking prices. Also are you comparing similar mileage cars??
Old 05-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the input. It is a lot of miles. When comparing, I haven't even been able to find one with that many, but they were asking more. According to the price guides, that mileage knocks about $2500 off the price, and that was what his pricing was compared to autotrader. I think I'll pass not only because of the above, but I feel I'm being played with a little. May not be the case, but I'm cautious.

Quick Reply: 2005 Corvette value?