What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Camaro SS

I've been on all the major pricing sites and they are kind of all over the place. My car is a 98 SS Silver with the black hard top and A4. It has 32000 miles and has been garaged since I bought it brand new, never driven in rain or inclement weather. I have done no major mods, just bolt ons. Hotchkis rear arms and panhard bar, Koni yellow top adjustable shocks, Strano springs, SLP subframe connectors, BMR shock tower brace, BFG KDW radials, ZO6 rims, EBC brakes. SLP cold air induction, MTI air box with K&N filter, SLP MAF, MSD wires, NGK plugs, and Hypertech programmer. The only interior additions consist of the Kenwood stereo with MTX sub box with Boston Accoustics subs and JBL speaker components all around powered by two Alpine amps for roughly 600w. Any ballpark as to where I should start to sell this?
Old 08-12-2012, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

I imagine the prices are all over the place as there aren't that many 1998 modded low mileage one owner SS cars out there. People ask crazy prices and end up sitting on the car for months and months until it finally dawns on them. I'll tell you that a 'stock' example: one owner, garage -kept, very low miles would be extremely desireable to everyone looking for a sweet car. Girls, older guys, everyone. If 'stock' I feel that you could ask $11,000, maybe even a little higher. A slight premium would be applicable for your car that isn't found in the price guides.
Now the bad news. The mods, even though not extreme, turn off half the potential buyer's market. You lose most of the girls and most of the older guys. Why? Fears of abuse and potential problems. It doesn't matter if the car was driven 55 mph it's entire life. That is the perception, and that's all that matters. With the car 'as is', I doubt you could get north of $10,000, perhaps only getting $9,000 or so. You can always ask whatever you want but all indications point to this price range. You may be one of the rare exceptions that do better than average since you have so much working in your favor (one owner, garage-kept, etc..) but don't expect it. It will help if you have time on your side as well. GLWS!

Last edited by NC01TA; 08-12-2012 at 03:43 PM.