What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 z28 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 z28 convertible

So I have a chance to pick up a 2000 z28 convertible a4 with 140k on it

The guy wants $2500 for it and it's only a hour or 2 away

I looked at it today and the body is a little ruff needs some work but the water pump was leaking a little, I could smell the antifreeze. And there was also some kind of oil leak from the pan or something

Everything else was fine on it

My question is it worth the 2500 and get it fixed or is it not really worth the money

I'm really on the fence with this I want another camaro so bad but not if it's a huge money pit
Old 09-22-2012, 07:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 523 Likes on 376 Posts

I personally would PASS on this just for the very reason you gave, a potential money pit. Those are a lot of miles. Some owners posting here get many more miles out of thier cars, but why risk it on a car you are not familiar with? This car sounds like it needs lots of $$ right off the bat. I'm sure within one year's time you will have close to $5,000 into it plus all the headaches of owning such a car. It might totally sour your opinions of these F-bodies. Save for a nicer one. I know it isn't easy but having a problem car is no way to enjoy it. Good luck to you!

Quick Reply: 2000 z28 convertible