What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 Formula Firehawk 1LE

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Formula Firehawk 1LE

Hey guys, new to the site obviously. I have the ability to buy what I think is a rare hawk and was curious what you guys thought about it from a value / appreciation scenario.I'm not new to f bodys, owned 3 but I'm not super familiar with hawks. I could by a less rare hawk and drive and mod it for less but I think this could have more collectibity. So in any event. Its a 2002 Formula Firehawk. 40k black on black manual trans. Ttops, leather, chrome wheels, blackwing airbox, auburn diff, 1LE suspension, slp exhaust, mats. looking at the numbers its one of seven formulas with the 1LE. Being that there where only 167 formula firehawks that year I think that it has some collectibity appeal. I'm open to any thoughts. Oh its $16k. I don't have any of the stickers and I'm not sure the build number.ThanksdumAlan
Old 02-24-2013, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

16K sounds about right. You probably want be able to get it any cheaper but If you are planning on modding it the value will decrease.. I don't think they will gain any more value.When I first got mine I was trying to keep the miles low and not mod it but even though they are rare you won't see much gain on one unless it was super low miles and unmolested. When mine only had 40000 miles on it, the most I got offered was $15K. Buy it and do what you want with it. Just don't rag it out...
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 510 Likes on 368 Posts

I answered your question in the 'Firebird' section.
No need to repeat here.
$16,000 is certainly a reasonable price if the car is in excellent condition, and also a one or two owner with maintenance records and papework. If not, then the price should be lower. Putting the car away and not adding mileage will keep the price steady. Adding miles will decrease value.

Quick Reply: 02 Formula Firehawk 1LE