What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Blt 02 WS6 low miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blt 02 WS6 low miles

Ok, so I'm getting ready to put my WS6 up for sale and not exactly sure what to put it at. I had it up a year ago, but that was with a bad clutch. Just installed the new clutch and am getting things cleaned up.

Specs:

02 WS6
25,5XX miles
Red

Motor:
- 4K miles on motor
- LQ9 block
- stock LS1 crank
- Eagle rods
- Diamond pistons ($1K)
- fully ported LS6 heads
- Ferrara valves
- PRC springs
- Bullit Cam (can't remember specs off hand...633 lift I think)
- Fast 90mm
- LS6 valley/PCV
- Nick Williams TB
- Fast 36 injectors
- Abaco MAF
- SLP airbox
- Pacesetter heads
- TSP X-pipe with under axle duals out with Magnaflows
- Has aftermarket balancer, but can't recall brand right now

Remaining drivetrain:
- Poly motor and trans mounts
- Brand new Monster stage 3 clutch and flywheel
- new TOB
- Strange 12 bolt with 10K miles (c clip elims, 4:33 gears, HD yoke, posi)
- Mcleod adjustable master
- stock trans
- stock DS

Suspension:
- MWC TA relocated off trans w DS loop
- Spoon
- BMR LCA - non adjustable

Others:
- BMR k-member
- CCW classics 17x9 front, 17x11 back (500 miles)
- ET streets out back (500 miles)
- Racetronix FP
- Pistol grip shifter
- Dark metallic gray blackbird stripes
- New Ultima redtop battery

I'm sure I'm missing a couple things. The A/C is currently off the car, but going to put it on this weekend, but probably won't charge it yet. Car made 488 rwhp. I have majority of reciepts.

Body is in great shape, along with the interior. It runs great and doesn't miss a beat! I'm the second owner of the car. Bought it with 9,XXX miles on it 8 years ago. Maybe put 30 miles on it the last two years. Never drove in rain or snow and always garaged.

I have all of the stock parts minus longblock and rearend. I want to say I have at least 12K in parts and NADA puts the car at 14.2K I believe. I was going to ask 16K for it. I sold the stock motor on here years ago and should be in my trader section showing details. This car was just a cruiser and has maybe less than 10 track runs total. 3 with the new motor with the stock tires. I have just completly lost interest in cars as I have gotten older....just not for me. Always been a powersports guy. I was a mechanic for over 8 years and my good buddy who helped is a GM master tech.

Any info is appreciated!!!

Last edited by WFOWS6_IL; 06-05-2013 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Added additional info
Old 06-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WFOWS6_IL
Ok, so I'm getting ready to put my WS6 up for sale and not exactly sure what to put it at. I had it up a year ago, but that was with a bad clutch. Just installed the new clutch and am getting things cleaned up.

Specs:

02 WS6
25,5XX miles
Red

Motor:
- 4K miles on motor
- LQ9 block
- stock LS1 crank
- Eagle rods

- Diamond pistons ($1K)
- fully ported LS6 heads
- Ferrara valves
- PRC springs
- Bullit Cam (can't remember specs off hand...633 lift I think)
- Fast 90mm
- LS6 valley/PCV
- Nick Williams TB
- Fast 36 injectors
- Abaco MAF
- SLP airbox
- Pacesetter heads
- TSP X-pipe with under axle duals out with Magnaflows
- Has aftermarket balancer, but can't recall brand right now

Remaining drivetrain:
- Poly motor and trans mounts
- Brand new Monster stage 3 clutch and flywheel
- new TOB
- Strange 12 bolt with 10K miles (c clip elims, 4:33 gears, HD yoke, posi)
- Mcleod adjustable master
- stock trans
- stock DS

Suspension:
- MWC TA relocated off trans w DS loop
- Spoon
- BMR LCA - non adjustable

Others:
- BMR k-member
- CCW classics 17x9 front, 17x11 back (500 miles)
- ET streets out back (500 miles)
- Racetronix FP
- Pistol grip shifter
- Dark metallic gray blackbird stripes
- New Ultima redtop battery

I'm sure I'm missing a couple things. The A/C is currently off the car, but going to put it on this weekend, but probably won't charge it yet. Car made 488 rwhp. I have majority of reciepts.

Body is in great shape, along with the interior. It runs great and doesn't miss a beat! I'm the second owner of the car. Bought it with 9,XXX miles on it 8 years ago. Maybe put 30 miles on it the last two years. Never drove in rain or snow and always garaged.

I have all of the stock parts minus longblock and rearend. I want to say I have at least 12K in parts and NADA puts the car at 14.2K I believe. I was going to ask 16K for it. I sold the stock motor on here years ago and should be in my trader section showing details. This car was just a cruiser and has maybe less than 10 track runs total. 3 with the new motor with the stock tires. I have just completly lost interest in cars as I have gotten older....just not for me. Always been a powersports guy. I was a mechanic for over 8 years and my good buddy who helped is a GM master tech.

Any info is appreciated!!!
Unlike many of the members here who put up their heavily modified low mileage cars here your asking price seems reasonable considering all the work you have put into the car and the fact that the body only has 25k miles. I would think that you could easily get 14-15k for this car on a good day. As many have said here before the problem with your car is the fact that the age group it will appeal most to has little cash in hand. Or credit for financing. Best of luck with the sale!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 528 Likes on 379 Posts

All you can do is try to sell it for that price. I personally don't see it happening but who knows if there isn't someone out there that would appreciate your car as it sits and has cash to burn. If you want a likely real sales price figure you will need to be well under $15,000 and even then the sale will be very difficult. You have to ask yourself, "Would I buy this car for that kind of money?" The truthful answer is probably "no" because you would not know the history of the car or potential pitfalls that await. While you may be 100% honest, very few buyers trust sellers to be that way. It's just the way it is.

Quick Reply: Blt 02 WS6 low miles