What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 firebird formula

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 firebird formula

I'm in the market for a new car and was wanting to get some opinions on this car value wise. http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=5&Log=0
Old 01-04-2014, 09:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 510 Likes on 368 Posts

Interesting how you can determine the history and care of the car from the Carfax. This Formula was apparently babied and maintained regularly right up until the accident. After the accident the owner seemed to lose interest and the car wasn't maintained to the same degree. The key with this Formula is the damage repair. Fortunately it was in the rear but you still want it done right, not half ***. Once you see the car you can make that determination. The photos look good but nothing like an inspection from eye level and very close. The maintenance or lack of it over the past few years shouldn't be too much of a worry as you can start fresh with all new fluids, from the Dexcool to the brake fluid. Just make sure the clutch and tranny are OK. As far as the price, this seller says it is a no haggle place. Sorry, Yes, it is! While the price would be fine for a one owner car that was repaired properly, there is always room for negotiation. Bring up the accident in your negotiations along with anything else you observe (fluids dirty, tires getting low on tread, etc...) Best of luck! This Formula could be a decent purchase if all checks out.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made the trip down today to take a look, The car looks brand new paint doesn't have a single mark on it tranny and clutch seemed fine when I drove it. The guy wouldn't budge at all on the price though. Since ws6's and trans ams are so hard to come by in decent shape in my neck of the woods I may pick it up. I just don't like the fact it looks like every other typical firebird lol.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 510 Likes on 368 Posts

Since everything checked out properly I wouldn't let it pass by for a few hundred dollars difference in price. Usually the description doesn't match reality and you find all sorts of problems. This is one of those accurately painted descriptions apparently. It's tough to find decent one owner, non-abused cars in that price range. The price is fine in this instance. If you get it, best of luck with everything.

Quick Reply: 02 firebird formula