What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Blown 02 WS6 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown 02 WS6 convertible

I have an 02 TA WS6 with a Magnuson "Root Style" supercharger that was professionally built and featured in GM High performance magazine. Foose wheels, Kooks long tube stainless headers, Car has 9300 original miles. Mint shape. Black paint tan roof and leather. Six speed, sub frame connectors. 500 hp. Need help with pricing. Thanks

Last edited by hendihoo; 03-18-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

If the 9,300 miles is correct, along with that documentation, you will find a buyer's market but it will be thin, and you will probably have to be patient. 'Stock' 9,300 miles 'verts will command $20,000+ and sellers get that price, again if patient. Having this type car modified as you do limits the market even further as you have eliminated many older buyers like myself that have no interest in mods. We are a 'been there, done that' segment. While most everyone will love your car (I think it's great too, but not to own) the cash crowd needed will be tough to find. You never know though who is looking for a car such as yours right now. Just don't expect a quick sale so you don't get disappointed.
As far as pricing I think you should ask north of $20,000 if the car is truly excellent. If you must get $20,000 then ask $23, 000 or whatever you feel comfortable with. If no calls then lower the price after a few weeks. You can actually ask any amount you want. Dealers and private sellers do that all the time if in no rush. Try $30,000 if you like, just don't expect any activity. It would be quite a surprise. Just remember that loans will be next to impossible. That rules out a large number of younger folks who would give their left arm to own it. Best of luck!!

** Just a side note: If you do sell the car for a high figure could you post back here to keep us informed. It would be very beneficial and encouraging to many owners of highly modded low mileage cars. They are asking here all the time why they can't get decent prices. An actual sale or two would be nice to hear about. Not talking about a 'I heard a friend of a friend', but a real completed sale.

Quick Reply: Blown 02 WS6 convertible