What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What does an 02 WS6 'vert go for nowadays?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What does an 02 WS6 'vert go for nowadays?

2002 Triple black WS6. 45k miles, no accidents, completely stock, 55 year old owner, 6 speed.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

The WS6 you describe should 'normally' range from $14,000 - $17,000 depending on many factors. Let me give you the high end $17,000 criteria first.
One owner, garage kept, excellent condition, history of maintenance, 95 - 100% 'stock'. Anything that doesn't apply to this criteria results in a lower price. A 3-owner car left outside all the time, needing tires and fluid changes, wouldn't even command the low end of that price range in my book. As I said, many factors influence price. Which is the one you are talking about??
** Side note: A great selling (or buying point) for a clean convertible with a manual transmission is that they are not common. If you like driving an unusual car, this is it. Very few convertibles have manual trannys and that includes Trans Ams. In fact all current new car sales that have that combination is now under 1% of all new cars sold. That's amazing to me but accurate according to leading car magazines. Even my 5 speed GTCS has low production numbers. People just don't buy that combo anymore. Apparently most 'vert owners want automatics. I do to in my T/A, but not the GT. I like having one of each. Just personal preference.
Old 03-28-2014, 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Thank you. That was the most useful and well thought out post I've seen on tech in a long time.

This is a two owner car, but both owners were past midlife. Stored indoors, not a daily driver, and flawless. Has good rubber, and needs nothing. Has been meticulously maintained. I will be giving it a full detail before posting it for sale. And I'm hoping he wants to keep it after seeing then. My thoughts are that this will be a big dollar car in the future.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

It has the potential but cars usually need to get to that magical 25 year mark before appreciating. Even then, you never know. 45,000 miles is certainly low but the cars that will appreciate the most are the ultra low mileage cars. The lower, the better. Convertibles with manuals always draw attention in the muscle car market. As Mike Joy and all the announcers say at the Barrett-Jackson auctions, "when the top goes down, the price goes up." The same will hold true for our cars, but still many years away, and they better be #2 or better condition cars. Not 80,000 miles average condition cars with dings, etc...

Glad to help out. I've been posting here since the beginning of this section over 5 years ago. I hate to see people, especially young people, overpay. I could have used a section like this when I was buying cars in my teens and 20's but there were no computers back then. I also try not to get sellers too excited about high prices. It's tough to sell cars, and getting top dollar is even tougher unless you have one of those 5% truly excellent cars that Kelley Blue Book talks about. Thanks for the kind words.

Quick Reply: What does an 02 WS6 'vert go for nowadays?