What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

95 z28

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 z28

Hello,

Ive got a car that I would like to get some opinions on the value.

It is a black on black 1995 z28 M6

88k miles, car is in exceptional condition, clean carfax 1 owner. No Issues, other than minimal small paint imperfections(highway debris related) to be expected from a 88k mile car.

Stock except for intake and exhaust
Old 04-11-2014, 08:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Well I'll warn you not to look at any price guide values.
Understanding the 'car' scene I'm sure there are a few people that would really like a one owner non-abused 6 speed LT1 car with mileage under 6 figures. You can't get much for it but perhaps someone will pay $5,000 if really clean. I would ask $5,500+ and allow for negotiations to whatever you feel comfortable with. You really can't get much higher unless the car was 'collector' material with much lower mileage. Also you can't compete on equal footing with the LS1 crowd. GLWS!!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the input, the car is not for sale, I'll probably hold it for at least a few more years, it just sits in storage.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:27 AM
TECH Junkie

No problem. I think that's smart. You may really want it again at some point in the future. Why sell it for next to nothing (unless the storage is going to cost money).
Old 04-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Update: CAR Sold

I had no intention or expectation of selling the car, but I did put a feeler ad out on craigslist and bam.

It was the exact car the buyer was looking for (1995 the year he graduated high school) and black on black M6.

$6500 cash. This may seem high to some of you but there are several factors playing in to it.

-Im in Dallas, tx. I have spent quite a bit of time reading through this forum, and the classifieds on here. I believe I am in a stronger market than most of you, as I generally see stuff about $1000 to $2000 less up north, than what it is in my area. I tend to contribute this to emissions regulations, and the fact that we do not have much, if any snow or ice conditions, and they do not salt the roads here. I personally do not buy northern rust vehicles.

-This was the exact car the buyer was looking for

-Really clean, less than 100K LT1's are extremely hard to find. They are out there, but alot of them have less than 25K and command collector type money, this car was in the sweet spot, not demanding collector money, but also clean enough to stand well above the rest.

That being said I think that this was a very fair deal for both parties. In 5-6 years the car will only start increasing in value, if he keeps it as nice.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Congratulations!! Your explanation for the price makes perfect sense. Geography and local markets can mean $1,000+ differences which is why KBB wants you to include your zip code when pricing.
Thanks for the update too.
Nice going!!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Teching In

It always the ones you don't want to sell that sell.

Quick Reply: 95 z28