What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 Camaro V6, needs engine work, need to sell ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Camaro V6, needs engine work, need to sell ...

2002 Camaro, base, V6, 3.8L, 5-speed, 174k miles

I've been waiting to hit the lottery or something so that I could afford to chase down and repair the problem that y'all helped me with here: Help Diagnose Misfire.

But, I haven't won the lottery and I can't justify doing the engine work that will be required to repair this car (mostly because it also needs some body work). [I also had a family member gift me a hand-me-down car, with the not-very-subtle implication that I would have to let the Camaro go.]

Pics of it can be found here: http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/4680195360.html

Salvage places are offering me $350.

I just would like an idea about what I could get for this so that I know whether any offers that come in through Craigslist are "good enough". If I don't have any bites in the next few days, I'll sell it to one of the local "cash for cars" places.

Thoughts? I have clear title, so I won't be out of pocket even for salvage value. But I'd hate to let money walk away ...
Old 09-22-2014, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With that many miles and all the issues it has, it is probably worth more as a parts car than trying to sell it whole.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Indiana -- part out my car and split the profits with me?

I'm sure that's probably true ... but I don't really have the equipment/tools necessary to make that happen.

Anyone local (central Indiana) who wants to part it out and split the profits with me?

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro V6, needs engine work, need to sell ...