What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Modded 96 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 06:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Modded 96 Z28

http://lincoln.craigslist.org/cto/5762049648.html

So, i'm looking for a new toy. What would you guys offer for this thing? From what i've heard, it's a pretty clean car. I honestly just have no idea how much to offer for it since its so old and modded.

Also, it just comes with the stock wheels.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It doesn't seem like a lot of money for all the mods that were done. What's a bone stock '96 Z28 with 77K miles go for? $5K? And those are probably not easy to find. Newer axles and suspension components, new shifter and clutch, etc. Doesn't say if the rear end was beefed up to handle the additional power. I doubt the guy will sell for $5K. But $6K might get it done. $6500 is probably their first "line in the sand." At least they didn't start out by asking $10,000-$12,000 as many do. But, with all that detail on what the car now has....not a single photo of the engine bay or underside. What's with that? And if "everything" on this car was done the right way, the rear end should have been addressed and probably the crank bearings as well. And what was done to the trans? I'd ask.

It really comes down to how does it drive, how professional the mod package is, and how much it suits your own tastes.

Last edited by Firebrian; 09-25-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

Very good points sir. I was thinking 6k myself assuming it drove/ran well. It looks like a very sharp car so I need to check it out and ask about the transmission and rear end.

Anyone else have thoughts? It will be weird going from a stock ls1 to a cammed LT1.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

id ask if there are receipts for everything. i think 6k is a reasonable offer. it is a clean car. also no mention if its the original opti, water pump, and fuel pump. hes has those mods on stock injectors. they have to be close to being maxed out. who tuned it? and you will have to factor in the price to retune it after the new injectors. could use that as a negotiation for price
Old 10-04-2016, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

I checked the car out last night. The car is very clean. The tires on the car are shot, it needs the front bumper repainted (scratched it up bad getting onto a trailer) and it needs exhaust as it is just an open Y pipe. He said $6,600. The car also has a new OEM clutch, along with a handful of other tasteful mods.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Honestly, I have no problem paying $6,600 for this car. The only thing that worries me is that he did all the work and there are no real reciepts for anything. He took it to redline and shifted pretty hard and everything seemed fine to me, and started right up.

I would just hate to buy a modded car like this and have it blow up a month after owning it.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

No receipts? Not even for the parts? That would probably scare me away unless the builder had a national rep, which seems unlikely.

Quick Reply: Modded 96 Z28