What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Trans Am WS6

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 Trans Am WS6

Thinking of selling my Trans Am. Car runs great and has no issues but I think I want to get another artic white WS6 in manual to build it from the ground up for boost so I am wondering what this car would fetch. KBB and the other sites seem low or around 9 to 10k for a stock car. Would I be able to get more if I can find the right buyer?

Car has 69,292 miles (oil change every 3k/only 93 octane). I have had the car since 2009 and only put 6k miles on it. It has been garage kept and well maintained and the paint/interior is probably 8/10 with some little stone chips and paint imperfections here and there. Made 455/409 and was tuned by RPM in Delaware. Car runs in the 11s as it sits.

List of modifications is extensive and everything has been professionally installed (I have receipts for pretty much everything purchased/labor):

Pacesetter Long Tube Headers
Texas Speed & Performance Torquer V3 Camshaft
Texas Speed & Performance Stainless Steel 3" Off-Road Y-pipe
Yank SS Series Converters (4000 Stall Speed)
TransGo Shift Kit for 4L60E Transmission
PRC 215cc CNC Ported LS Cylinder Heads
GM LS2 Timing Chain Set
Texas Speed & Performance Ported & Shimmed LS6 Oil Pump
Powerbond 25% Underdrive Crankshaft Pulley
Texas Speed & Performance 100mm Mass Air Flow Sensor
QTP Electric Cutout
Borla 3" Stainless Steel Adjustable Catback Exhaust
FTP 104mm High Flow Air Lid
Vengeance Racing Ported FAST 102mm Intake Manifold
Vengeance Racing / FAST Billet Fuel Rail Kit
3.73 ring and pinion set
Hypertech 180 Degree Thermostat
LPW Ultimate 7.5 Pro Series Rear Differential Support Cover
LPW Minimum Axle Tube Brace Kit
OE Wheels 18" C5 Deep Dish Replica Wheels Chrome 18x9.5 (2) 18x10.5 (2)
Texas Speed & Performance 7.425 Chromoly Hardened Pushrods
Nick Williams 102mm Cable Driven Throttle Body
R1 Concepts Front & Rear Brake Rotors
Racetronix 2000 LS1 F-body "Basic System"
Spohn Torque Arm
SLP Subframe Connectors
MSD Ignition Wires
NGK-TR55 Spark Plugs
Rear Wheel Spacers - Hub & Wheel Centric
ARP Hardened Wheel Studs
Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tire - 275/35/18
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radial II - 315/30/18
Racetronix Delphi/Lucas 42# High Impedance Fuel Injector
Perma Cool 20-22,000 GVW Transmission Cooler
ARP Hex Head Bolt Kit
GM LS1 MLS Head Gaskets
Accessory Belt for Crankshaft Pulley
AC Belt for ASP Crankshaft Pulley
GM Oil Pump O-Ring for LS1/LS6
Oil Pressure Sensor
GM Exhaust Manifold Gaskets
A1 Cardone Steering Rack
Sequential Turn Signal Kit

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff. I also have a bunch of other upgrades I havent put on I could sell with it if there was interest. (TSP 1 7/8 headers, UMI motor mounts, Energy Suspension poly trans mount, JAAM ram air kit, SLP line lock, CTS-v brake conversion, Aeroforce gauge)
Attached Thumbnails 2000 Trans Am WS6-20170411_160624.jpg   2000 Trans Am WS6-20170411_160558.jpg   2000 Trans Am WS6-20170411_160637.jpg  
Old 04-20-2017, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I would think that car would be worth $9K-$10K if it were just stock and average. And white imo is a very desirable color with a nice look, esp. with those chrome wheels. For someone looking for a nicely modified car, I would think easily more than $10K, up to $14K's would be reasonable. I know I'd be content buying a car like that for $12K....which seems inexpensive and attractive for an 11 second car. There's a "right" buyer out there for you. April-July is now prime time buying season. I think you'd have buyers tripping over themselves at $10K...but that's only me. I know people that bought WS6's with 100K miles stock for $10K just a few years back. Maybe start it at $14,800 and see what happens. I know you've put a ton of $$ and sweat into it. Good luck.

You're right next door to the Carlisle, PA GM show coming up this summer. I'd focus around that time making the car as conspicuous as possible with 4sale signs, maybe even taking a car corral slot at Carlisle. With big shows there every month there's plenty of car buyers in the area.

Last edited by Firebrian; 04-20-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:32 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Have you considered a manual swap on the current car? Since you've already put so much time and effort into it, and you know what you have, and you still want a white WS6 (not nearly as easy to find as, say, black or red examples) that might be a better option. The car is obviously not an ultra low mileage stock show car, so no value would be lost from doing such a swap. And your current converter and trans have some value; you might be able to find someone with which to trade parts, keeping swap costs at a minimum. Or do you just want to start with a completely stock M6 car?

Your best option for financial recovery on the current car would be to return it to stock, sell it that way, and then sell whatever parts you don't want to use on your next build separately. Not sure if you want that sort of hassle, but you obviously have a bunch on money into this build and you'll get much less of that money back if the car is sold with all those parts still on it.

Quick Reply: 2000 Trans Am WS6