What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Looking for Opinions on the value of my TA

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Opinions on the value of my TA

I am considering selling my TA. It sits in the garage for months at a time not getting used. I thought I would drive it more, but I just don't. I have other interests, and while I don't owe any money on the TA, I could probably better use the money on other things. Its a proper 2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 with 34,XXX miles on it. Typical black on black. Exterior is a 7-8, nice driver quality, not a show car. Interior is like a 9, almost perfect. Everything works, power windows, locks, AC, stereo...all works. Here is the big thing, IT HAS A SALVAGE TITLE. I put that in all caps so no one would miss it. I bought with the salvage title for...IDK...$4000 or something like that. It had been repaired and was bone stock. The story I got (completely unverified) was that it was stolen and uncovered until it was wrecked by the thieves. By that time the insurance had paid out the total loss. I don't know the extent of the damage, I can prove that story...no pictures before the repairs, nothing. Before I bought it, I brought it to a local and reputable body shop. I had them put it on their frame machine and check it out. It checked out, they didn't see any frame damage, so I bought it. Not a big deal for me personally but I completely understand peoples hesitation. I did a small build thread on it. Its on hear under "Salvage Title Build". Here is what is done (as far as I can remember). I have documents for all the parts. Everything but tuning was done by me.

Engine Modifications:
Factory Bottom End
Trick Flow 220 as cast heads (dual valve springs, powder metal valve guides, titanium retainers)
MLS Head gaskets
ARP Head Studs
Factory Rockers w/ Comp Cams Trunion Upgrade
Tick Performance SNS Stage 3 Cam (235/243 .62x/.62x LSA 111+2)
Tick Performance 7.500 hardened pushrods 5/16” diameter .080” wall
Morel 5315 Hydraulic Roller Lifters
Melling High Pressure (standard volume) Oil Pump
Cloyes Adj. Timing Set
LS6 Valley Cover
SLP 160 Degree Thermostat
Norris Catch Can

Induction:
Fast Toys 104mm Lid
GM 85mm MAF ( 5.3L truck MAF)
Nick Williams 92mm Throttle Body
Fast 92 Intake Manifold

Exhaust:
American Racing 1 ⅞ Long Tube Headers
American Racing 3in Offroad Y-Pipe
Magnaflow 3” Cat Back

Fueling:
Racetronix 42lb Injectors
Speed Inc High Volume Fuel Rails
Racetronix F99 FPA-001B Fuel Pump (the purple pump)
Racetronix Fuel Pump Hotwire Kit

Drive Train:
Monster Stage 2 Clutch with 28lb Flywheel (new GM slave/pilot bearing)
Tick Master Cylinder
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Strange S60 w/ 4.10 gears, S-Track (posi), 3 channel
Strange Driveshaft

Suspension:
UMI Torque Arm with Tunnel Brace Relocation Bracket and Driveshaft Loop
Founders Adj. Lower Control Arms and Adj. Panhard Bar
UMI Rear Sway Bar
Koni Shocks w/ BMR Lowering Springs
Founders Strut Tower Brace

Chassis:
Founders 2 point weld in Subframe Connectors

Wheels & Tires:
Rear Wheel: 17X11 American Racing Torque Thrust II
Rear Tire: Toyo Proxy TQ Drag Radial 315/35/R17
Front Wheel: 17X9.5 American Racing Torque Thrust II
Front Tire: Toyo Proxy

Items Deleted:
Catalytic Converters
Air Pump System and EGR
LS1 PCV system (replaced with LS6 style system)
Fuel EVAP System
Power Steering Cooler (replaced with Derale P/S Cooler Kit)

Great driving car tuned by Pat G on his dyno. I have all of the tune files and EFI **** to go with the car. It put down 432/395 on his dyno. Its insured, it passes inspection in TX. Not quite sure I am going to part with it but I was looking for options on the price I should ask if I do. Anyway, sorry for the book. Any input would be great.

Build Thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-f...tle-build.html
Old 05-16-2018, 07:49 AM
Launching!

i have a salvaged title car to wich to me wasnt a big deal cause the thing is like in perfect shape. Interior is like 10 out of 10 the body is like 9 out of 10. With low miles 26k on it. I paid 7k for mine back in 09 and it is a lt1 car so that might have been just a bit much. I had my body guy loom at it and he said they put it back together right thst he didnt see anything wrong with it. If u had pics showing the damage it would help in price
Old 05-16-2018, 01:51 PM
Launching!

My guess is that a part out would get me top dollar but I'm too lazy for that right now.