What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Happy Fourth of July

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default Happy Fourth of July

To all my fellow posters that have frequented this section since it's inception, Happy 4th of July!!
We are very fortunate to live during these times when we can talk simply about how much a car is worth and all the stories that go with them. Just 30 years ago there was no such animal and the only discussions were with friends and at car shows, cruise-ins. I fear the future is going to be somewhat negative for our rides so enjoy these wonderful times we live in despite the politics of the day. I wonder if just 50 years from now we would be able to just decide to take one of our V8 rides and say, "Hey, let's go on a road trip tomorrow and drive along the old Route 66." For you younger folks, I hope I am wrong. Freedom is not something to take for granted, why this holiday and all the veteran's holidays during the year should always be cherished.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:03 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,800 Likes on 1,282 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Happy 4th of July!

This site makes it possible to connect with enthusiasts all over the nation and world, allowing us to 'meet' folks whom we never would have otherwise had the opportunity - not to mention the vast amount of knowledge that can be discovered and shared within. I'm so thankful to have been a part of this community since the first day that the doors were opened to the public.

I see things a bit differently for the hobby though, at least in terms of the older cars. A time may come where we have to refuel these old beasts with home-purchased 55-gallon drums of hand pumped fuel, but that won't stop me. As long as the market is there, as long as enthusiasts keep fighting for the hobby, those cars which have already been on the road for 50 years could certainly be on the road for 50 more. As for new cars, I don't care for the electric future that most OEMs seem to be headed towards; those cars are just disposable transportation appliances to me.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:15 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haven't been around since it's inception although I joined on another account back in 2007 (i.e. couldn't remember the login which sucks because I want my 10 year banner haha) but this is pretty much the only part of the forum that I still actively frequent so cheers to you guys for the conversation.

Quick Reply: Happy Fourth of July