What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Camaro SS project

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2000 Camaro SS project

Hey all,

I've got a 2000 Camaro SS NBM. Right at 100k miles on it. I bought it more as a project than anything. Re-upholstered the interior, new leather seats, new carpet, etc... Bought a set of ZR1's for it, nitto NT555r's (315's) brand new, TSP LT's/Duals, Prothane mounts, painted the engine bay to match the car, new whistler'd lights, a bunch of powder coated brackets. Engine is out of the car currently, while it was painted. I originally wanted to do H/C, but had a baby a few months ago and honestly just don't have the time or desire to finish it. It still needs a little bit here and there, but overall it's in good shape. I was just going to sell it as a project that needs a bit of work to finish up but really have no idea where to price it. I was thinking between 5k and 6k as it sits. Just wanted to get some thoughts before I list it.

Thanks
Old 08-13-2018, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Posting pictures of the SS would be helpful in evaluation.

My first thought is if the motor was back in the car so it was running and drive able I think you would be able to ultimately get a better price for the car, maybe $7500 or so.

A non running car, invites annoying low ball insulting offers. Especially over time if the car doesn't sell quick. You know like, "Man how about $1500 cash since it don't run and I have no idea about the actual condition of the engine, transmission, AC and fuel pump."

An 00 SS with 100,000 miles that's not drive able I don't t see selling for $5,000 to $6,000, unless the body, paint & interior are perfect. There just no way for the seller to fully evaluate the engine, transmission, AC, fuel pump and so on. As a buyer that would put me thinking what else am I going to need to address besides putting the engine in the car an getting it tuned.

A friend paid $6,500 for a 2000 B4C with 104,000 miles three months ago. The car is in good overall condition and he drives daily.

I paid $4,500 for an 02 Z28 with an outstanding interior with new leather two months ago. Paint is in very good shape, car has the last 13 years of dealer maintenance records, excellent mechanical condition overall with 239,000 miles.

Last edited by 99 Black Bird T/A; 08-13-2018 at 06:58 PM.