What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Old Pontiac Magazines

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old Pontiac Magazines

I have stacks of old High performance Pontiac magazines from the early - mid 2000s mostly. I also have some old National Firebird and trans am club magazines and other Pontiac literature.

Would these be worth anything to anyone?

I live in Charlotte NC and would be willing to let them all go to someone who wants them for one price.

Old 02-18-2019, 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

I'm sure someone will want them. The trick will be finding that person. This might be a good possibility the Pontiac club roughly in the Charlotte area called Carolina Classic Pontiac Club. Might be able to post the magazines on their Facebook page and gage interest. They also have a website. A couple of my friends are in the club and it's a good active club.

Carolina Classic Pontiac Club

Old 02-18-2019, 02:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Based on what had sold recently on ebay you can get up to 10 bucks a piece. Subtract 13% for ebay and paypal fees and about $3.00 shipping you may be able to get 5 bucks a pop net, but thats as high as they seem to go so it may be less.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Ebay is certainly an option. If you have 100 magazines at $5 profit per issue, you are looking at $500 which is a nice little chunk of change. The only negative is the time involved, from taking photos to listing, to actually shipping them out. I also like the idea of asking your local Pontiac club.
I have stacks of Hemmings Muscle Machines accumulated over the years and not sure what to do with them either. My large issue Hemmings I give to my local tire dealer for reading in his waiting room. He appreciates it and takes extra care of my cars when I bring them in. My monthly Car & Driver and Motor Trend issues I donate to the local nursing homes. I see the old guys reading them outside when the weather is nice. A little happiness for them in their final months. I would certainly appreciate car magazines if I was in that position.