What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 WS6 whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 WS6 whats it worth?

Hello, i have a 02 trans Am WS6 for sale currently. I'm trying to find out how much the car would be worth as a roller, I'm 5hinking of doing a datsun 260Z build with my current set up. So i would be pulling the engine/trans out. And potentially selling the T/A as a roller. The car has Fresh Nitto Nt555 G2's 315s rear and 275 fronts, sitting on 17inch Fikes forged FM5s. It has bilstein shocks, eibach lowering springs, BMR adjustable panhard bar as well as lower control arms. The rear end is unfortunately still 10bolt. Was rebuilt roughly 15k miles ago. Stock gearing Yukon gears. It has alot of polyurethane bushing around the car. Except front control arms but I have the set. That would go with the car obviously if sold. The body is in pretty good shape atleast I thought. I got stationed downnhere in Yuma and the last 4 years ive been here really put the hood and trunk part through hell but everything else is in really good shape paint and body lines wise, but obviously some touching up could be done. Always always kept it waxed the best i could. But summers here in Yuma AZ is hard on every car. The car is black obviously. The photos below is it being rinsed off after a dust storm, wasn't washed. I'm also curious if I would probably make more mpney off of it by parting out? It has the usual issues in the interior dash is cracked. Cracked last summer (thank you Yuma AZ summers) I will add photos below. Any information will be extremely appreciated. Its hard for me to even bring up selling it as a roller/ parting it out because its one of my favorite cars ever. And it was my first car. Aswell as first car I've ever built. So anyways ill add photos of the car. Please let me know. Thank you

Old 02-22-2019, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

The sun is brutal on black cars. Pictures of the sail panel would help with a value. That's a problem area eventually on most LS1 4th Gen's.

Your 02 WS6 looks like a great car that needs a little cosmetic TLC. As a 4th Gen enthusiast, I've never felt bad about selling any Japanese car or sending it to the crusher. I'd cut that project 260Z loose for top dollar and repaint the WS6.

I hope a suitable buyer comes forward for the WS6.

Roller, no engine, no transmission, no wiring harness needs repainted (spider webbed nose, blistered clear coat on hood, spoiler & rear) and interior needs work.

$1,500 to $1,800 without the Fikse's.
​​​​​​​Add $2000 to $2500 for Fikse's with Nitto's
​​​​​​
Parting the car will make more money..
$600 to $750 for OEM WS6 hood
$75 to $100 for lower WS6 airbox
$350 to $450 for fresh 10 bolt rear depending on if 3 or 4
​​​​​​channel.
$500 all the various suspension goodies
Plus all the other stuff...
Old 02-23-2019, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you I appreciate it. It has some small bubbling on the top like usual would need to be touched up i think with clear coat. I currently dont have a photo.
I figured i would end up getting more for it if I parted it out. I appreciate the reply. I was just curious what someone else thought. Making sure i wasnt being retarded on a potential price for selling it as a roller. Well see. The car is up for sale I dont really wanna sell it but just seeing whats out there.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Id be interested in the Fikse's if you decide to part out.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not a lot of info about the car and what the current build is but if I was you I would probably sell as a complete car and then take the money made and start the build for Datsun. As stated your value as a roller is limited and may take foreer to sell which then leads to option B of parting out but that is still a pain in the butt.