What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

97 camaro ss lt1

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 camaro ss lt1

Awesome to find this group..I'm looking for info on 97 camaro ss slp lt1 car#112 red 6spd ttop black mirrors and top. dark gray leather with 30th anniversary on seats camaro ss floor mats and car cover 30,000 miles all original..anyone know about what its worth? No one has ever sat in the back seat ..the car is in great condition minus one little scratch and dry rotted tires..tires are not original
Old 02-28-2020, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 523 Likes on 376 Posts

Are you the original owner or what is the car's history? That always helps as far as questions and even value. I certainly would pay more for an original owner car as every bit of history would be known and hopefully with a paper trail. Garage kept all it's life? Great condition is not really an accurate description as everyone sees things differently. What one thinks is great or even 'mint' can actually be far from it at times. Been there, done that, on many occasions when looking at cars to buy. Could you share some photos? If I was in the market, I would find a properly maintained garage kept one or two owner Camaro SS very desirable if in truly 'very good' condition with that mileage. Of course the Carfax would have to verify the car's mileage and history as well. Estimating a price at this point would have no value, and offer you no assistance, if the car was exposed to the elements and had 5 owners. The car cover is nice if inside a garage but actually detrimental if outside, especially if in a wet climate. I wouldn't even want that one for any price. Tires are a minor factor as getting new rubber would be a plus for any new owner and they could get the brand they prefer. Pricing is all in the details if you could provide a bit more, especially photos.
Old 02-29-2020, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll take a flyer based on the expected condition for a 30K mile car that is 1-2 owners. Probably in the $10K to $15K range with all maintenance up to date including tires. I also thought all true Anniversary cars were white with hugger orange stripes. So it sounds like you don't have that with a red car.

The "true" 30th Anniversary cars were arctic white with hugger orange stripes, also came with arctic white 5 spoke wheels and had "30th" embroidered on both front seat backs. You also had a choice of white leather interior or white leather with black & white hounds tooth cloth inserts. These were the 30th Anniversary "limited build" cars. Just under 1000 SS anniversary cars were built. Many folks think that all '97 Camaros are 30th Anniversary cars however, they are not. They were just built in the 30th year of Camaro production.
Old 03-01-2020, 04:22 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,740 Likes on 1,247 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebrian
I also thought all true Anniversary cars were white with hugger orange stripes. So it sounds like you don't have that with a red car.

The "true" 30th Anniversary cars were arctic white with hugger orange stripes, also came with arctic white 5 spoke wheels and had "30th" embroidered on both front seat backs. You also had a choice of white leather interior or white leather with black & white hounds tooth cloth inserts. These were the 30th Anniversary "limited build" cars. Just under 1000 SS anniversary cars were built. Many folks think that all '97 Camaros are 30th Anniversary cars however, they are not. They were just built in the 30th year of Camaro production.
This is correct. The "30th" stitching on the seats was just indicative of it being an anniversary model year, but was NOT the exclusive 30th Anniversary package (this is akin to the "35th Anniversary" dash plaque on all 2002 Camaros - also not specific to the actual 35th LE cars).

An actual 30th Anniversary car will contain the RPO "Z4C" on the SPID sticker (same RPO for the 35th LE package in 2002), which indicates the specific paint, stripes, wheels, etc., mentioned above.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 523 Likes on 376 Posts

@Jarrod Hardin. any follow-up for us??
Old 03-10-2020, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Pics also help. It allows us to see the condition of the car. Not everyone has a discerning eye and can see all of a car's flaws. You see this in a lot of cases where they say a car has a clean interior yet, every piece of plastic is scuffed, warped, dirty, etc.

Quick Reply: 97 camaro ss lt1