What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Values definitely on the rise

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 09:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default Values definitely on the rise

I know the high dollar auction sites sales have definitely risen recently for our Firebirds but it's starting to trickle down to the dealers as well. Ebay has many high dollar examples (wishful thinkers too) and I just found this ultra low miles Firehawk for a really healthy price. The upward trend for 20 year old prime examples is confirmed. No more bargains. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0766/overview/
Old 04-20-2021, 04:20 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,800 Likes on 1,282 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Haha... Cars.com lists $50k as a "great deal" for this example. This is hard to imagine as similar examples with a fraction of this mileage (under 1K) were selling for as low as ~$30k at prime auctions just a couple of years ago. To me, this screams of a "bubble" vs. a real and enduring value increase. Any collectors considering a jump into this market should be cautious of this, IMO.

While I agree that these cars (meaning prime examples) will remain on collector radar and certainly retain decent value into the foreseeable future, I don't think that gains are going to continue at this rate (and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a "correction" in the not-so-distant future).
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (04-20-2021)

Quick Reply: Values definitely on the rise