What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

97 TA worth

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts
Default 97 TA worth

Team,
Wondering thoughts on an 1997 Trans Am non WS6, Auto, T tops, 50K miles, excellent paint, body, interior. Color is Green with Taupe interior. Runs out great. Any ideas on a ballpark? I’m contemplating..
Old 06-20-2023, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 507 Likes on 366 Posts

Clean title and not too many owners??? Any needs, like tires, or repairs, like a/c or anything?? So much is in the details that it is tough to give an accurate guesstimate.
I'll say that a one or two owner garage kept example with those low miles, that needs 'very little', will command a price north of $10k these days. No doubt about it. Can you provide more info??
Old 06-20-2023, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Clean title and not too many owners??? Any needs, like tires, or repairs, like a/c or anything?? So much is in the details that it is tough to give an accurate guesstimate.
I'll say that a one or two owner garage kept example with those low miles, that needs 'very little', will command a price north of $10k these days. No doubt about it. Can you provide more info??

Clean Title, needs tires and AC not currently working. Other than that a very clean, stock car. No cutting or mods anywhere.
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (06-21-2023)
Old 06-20-2023, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 155 Likes on 129 Posts

Good shape car needing tires and not needing is no different to me, maybe half the price of the cars, at best. Tires are an easy consumable. I'd rather it not need repairs if I had to pick.

But I agree on $10k-ish. Being an LT1 takes it off the list for many, also being an auto. But, if you want an auto the LT1 is a great engine and sounds great even with just a cat back.

If it hasn't had everything like transmission oil and filter change, rear end flush, coolant flush, brake fluid change, I'd drop the price about $2k. If it been done half way recently that's different.
The following 2 users liked this post by 440_Stroker:
Dren (06-20-2023), NC01TA (06-21-2023)
Old 06-21-2023, 09:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 507 Likes on 366 Posts

Thanks for the reply. The tires are $600+ so that is a negotiable pricing item. The a/c worries me as that can get real pricey. I personally am concerned also with how many owners. With many owners, Lord only knows the maintenance history or if one of those owners used the car 1/4 mile at a time. No thanks if that is the case. Do your homework but I'm a bit concerned about a car that seems to have been neglected recently. No excuse for the a/c to be 'not working'. What else has been ignored? How are the fluids?
Do NOT pay too much for this car, and I would recommend a pre-purchase inspection by a mechanic You don't want to be into this car for $10k and then need $5k more within the first year. Good luck!
Old 06-30-2023, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Worth 5K to 7K

26 year old car - AC not working, Automagic Transmission

AC could be as simple as the belt removed, broken - with 50K miles probably needs a recharge.

Big plus here is the low miles.

Good luck buy it right and you will be happy!!!

Quick Reply: 97 TA worth