What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1997 camaro z28 ss SLP conv for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2024, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 camaro z28 ss SLP conv for sale

I am looking to sell my 1997 z28 ss slp conv camaro with under 45k miles. Top replaced 5 years. motor rebuilt less than 1000 mile on it. Needs a new paint job
Owasso OK what would be a good asking price ?
Old 06-07-2024, 07:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,246 Posts

What happened to this poor car that it needed an engine rebuild, a new top, and needs a new paint job all with less than 45k miles?

I think some pictures would help folks determine actual condition, but at this point it sounds like a pretty rough example so I would start at the low end of what comparable mileage/trim level 4th gens are listing for in your area.
The following users liked this post:
NC01TA (06-08-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 521 Likes on 375 Posts

Please provide more details if you would for proper guesstimates. We can't offer real pricing with this limited info. Throwing numbers up in the air doesn't help you one bit.
Photos if possible, owners and history of the car, clean title??? An original Haartz cloth top or cheap vinyl replacement?? Motor re-built by a pro or ???? How was it stored all these years with such low miles? A world of difference if under a tree for 10+ years or kept in a nice garage.
It's all in the details. A sweet garage kept ride with a professional engine build and proper Haartz top could bring some good $$$ even if it needs paint. A neglected car w/ amateurish job done all around, with the car sitting out in all weather conditions for years on end, will bring next to nothing but 'parts' money.
Old 06-08-2024, 01:06 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by NC01TA
A sweet garage kept ride with a professional engine build and proper Haartz top could bring some good $$$ even if it needs paint. A neglected car w/ amateurish job done all around, with the car sitting out in all weather conditions for years on end, will bring next to nothing but 'parts' money.
It's hard to imagine that the car was nicely kept in a garage if it already needed a top and full paint job at just 45k miles...so I'm guessing it's the latter of your examples.

Just as reference, here's a really nice LT1 convertible that I've posted before. It's not an SS, but it's got even lower miles than the OP's car and it's clearly a high quality example in excellent condition that doesn't appear to need anything (paint looks excellent). It's been listed for a while now and still no takers even at $10k. SS or not, I think the OP's car would be worth significantly less if it needs a paint job (that is BIG money to do right):

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/c...754168276.html
NC01TA (06-08-2024)
Old 06-08-2024, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

^^^ I think i remember that 1994 'vert from another thread and I'm stunned no one has grabbed it at that price, unless something is amiss. Just for anyone's used car search, that car would be good for years and years.
You are right, Proper paint starts at $5k for anything decent. I was just trying to be optimistic for the OP, but he hasn't responded yet so I am also thinking the latter of my two scenarios. .
Old 06-08-2024, 07:09 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by NC01TA
^^^ I think i remember that 1994 'vert from another thread and I'm stunned no one has grabbed it at that price, unless something is amiss. Just for anyone's used car search, that car would be good for years and years.
You are right, Proper paint starts at $5k for anything decent. I was just trying to be optimistic for the OP, but he hasn't responded yet so I am also thinking the latter of my two scenarios. .
Yeah, it's been listed all spring. For whatever reason, here in the Great Lakes region I always seem to see at least one or two (or sometimes more) really good deals on nice V8 4th gen convertibles every year. I think the weather here limits their desirability, so the prices sometimes have to get pretty cheap, even for a really nice one, to get it moved. I'm actually kind of glad that this one is a little bit too far away from me to be easily checked out, otherwise I might end up with another car that I don't need...it's just such a good deal!
NC01TA (06-09-2024)
Old 06-24-2024, 04:56 AM
TECH Junkie

OP???? Well, that's the end of that I guess.

Quick Reply: 1997 camaro z28 ss SLP conv for sale