What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Camaro SS

A friend of mine (who is a big mustang guy) is looking at a 98 SS that a friend of his has. Heres whats done to the car....

Hooker coated LTs, Lid, Hurst shifter, 4.10s, ORY, Borla Catback, Eibach Springs, LCAs, TA, PHB, I'm pretty sure its got a cam but thats unknown, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some things about it. The car has about 125K on it and its black on black with chrome ZR1s, it also has brand new michelin tires with less than 50 miles on them. He is also throwing in a set of valve springs and full roller rocker arms (the owner was planning a cam swap but couldn't due to some tickets)

But anyway the guy wants $5,500 for the car, its super clean, but the rear is making some whining (big surprise) the interior is spotless and the front bumper and hood are getting repainted before he sells it (rock chips)

The car is a true SS 6 speed car and I was just curious how good of a deal my friend is getting.

NADA books it for $7,775, and Kelly Blue Book lists it for $9,315 so that gives me a pretty good idea

Thanks in advance
Old 09-22-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Id say its a good deal Id never give the kbb for that car tho
Old 09-23-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mtuggle86
Id say its a good deal Id never give the kbb for that car tho
Yeah I know, but the worst part is that people around here will pay that price. My buddy had a 99 Trans Am that he sold last fall for $9300 car had LTs, ORY, built auto, gears, TA, and a salvage title the car had been wrecked about 4 or 5 times, once so bad that they found a new shell and switched everything over. But its just crazy what people will pay for a car around here, but they aren't as common up here too so mabye that has something to do with it.

Quick Reply: 98 Camaro SS