What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 Berger SS Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008 | 06:54 PM
Teching In

Default 2001 Berger SS Camaro

I have a 2001 Berger SS Camaro # 32. Red/Black Stripes/black interior, 380hp,6 speed, 18,000 miles. I dont really need to sell the car but I have had it for 4 years next month and only put on 3,000 miles so I wouldn't say I need it either! It says in my fathers garage about 60 miles from my house. I have thought about bringing it to my house but the car is rare (only 100 in 3 years) and I hate to drive it and put a lot of miles on it or risk something happing to it on the road. I have not seen any for sale and dont know what to gauge it off of. I know it wont be real high because the Yenkos didnt take off for about 30 years after they were produced. Have thought about selling it and replacing it with a Corvette Convert. or something of that nature that I would not care to dirive but I do not see a point in keeping it and having another sports car at this time. I am open to all suggestions. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2008 | 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I totally agree with you on that one. I see no point in holding on to a car if your just going to look at it sitting in a garage. You could prob get 30-35 maybe more give or take. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 10-01-2008 | 06:52 PM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

Default Hold on!

Since you are not desperate to sell I say HOLD ON during these horrible financial times we are in. You will get ZIP for this car right now compared to what you will get when things turn around. Cash is tight and credit impossible to get. Try to enjoy the car in the meantime and don't be afraid to drive it on weekends unless you are in a horrible place to enjoy the ride (traffic, bad roads, etc...). The mileage does NOT add up that quick with weekend driving, not enough to hurt the collector factor of your car. I think you would get the same $$$ for the car with either 18k or 28k. Both would be ultra low mileage for such a nice and rare car.

Last edited by NC01TA; 10-01-2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Add sentence
Old 10-03-2008 | 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Since you are not desperate to sell I say HOLD ON during these horrible financial times we are in. You will get ZIP for this car right now compared to what you will get when things turn around. Cash is tight and credit impossible to get. Try to enjoy the car in the meantime and don't be afraid to drive it on weekends unless you are in a horrible place to enjoy the ride (traffic, bad roads, etc...). The mileage does NOT add up that quick with weekend driving, not enough to hurt the collector factor of your car. I think you would get the same $$$ for the car with either 18k or 28k. Both would be ultra low mileage for such a nice and rare car.
I agree and disagree.
I DEFINITELY say hold onto the car if you can. But, I wouldn't really drive it unless you have to. I think the mileage is a little high right now. Just disconnect the battery and start her up every other week to get the juices flowing and tires moving. I say keep it!!!
I have a 99 HO SS that I am trying to sell and I RARELY drive the car. It sits in the garage all the time. I only put 80 miles on it from last year to this year. If I sell it, I sell it, if I don't, I don't. I will not low ball myself either. Times are really tough.
GOOD LUCK with whatever you chose.
Old 10-07-2008 | 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tones2SS
I agree and disagree.
I DEFINITELY say hold onto the car if you can. But, I wouldn't really drive it unless you have to. I think the mileage is a little high right now. Just disconnect the battery and start her up every other week to get the juices flowing and tires moving. I say keep it!!!
I have a 99 HO SS that I am trying to sell and I RARELY drive the car. It sits in the garage all the time. I only put 80 miles on it from last year to this year. If I sell it, I sell it, if I don't, I don't. I will not low ball myself either. Times are really tough.
GOOD LUCK with whatever you chose.
+1 if ur patient and want too make money in the long run hold on too her .if u do go with a new vette make sure u dont get the new generation held together by 3m sticky tape ( includes the new zo6) Good luck either way an "ls" series will always make the heart rumble

Quick Reply: 2001 Berger SS Camaro