Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire question

I have a 6 yr. old set of Michelin tires with 9k miles on my car. The rear's are cooked the fronts don't look to bad..rubber has hardened alittle. I'm going to put Nitto 555 dr's on the back, should the fronts be changed??? I guess the question is.... is there any ill effects to running different tires with different compounds or do i just put the 555ep's on the front for safety reasons.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would change them ,they probably are dry rotted and you can get a set of kumho's for the front and the nitto's for the rear.....they dont make dr's for the front lol ... just remember you cant corner as fast with a dr there side walls are very soft
Old 12-29-2008, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ndfrsd6
... just remember you cant corner as fast with a dr there side walls are very soft
Good point... i guess i'm really up in the air on what tire to buy I don't drag the car, only used on nice days...but want somthing that will hook well on the street. Maybe i should look at the best tire i can get that will hook reasonably well and good cornering characteristics, any thoughts?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a nice BFG ... but if you driving on nice days just be careful around corners .. i will never not have a M/T dr on mine