Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

18" Moda R6

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18" Moda R6

I just bought 18" Moda R6 with the money from my insurance company wrapped in yokohama AVS db s2 245/40/18 and was wondering if anyone had them on their car and had some pics. I will have pics of my ride as soon as I get the car back and get the rims on.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: 18

Hi Chris,
Sorry but I deleted your PM by mistake.
Yes antracite 18x9 with 265/35/18 frt and 275/35/18 bck.(similar to the 99 five spoke C5 rims)
I got them off a wrecked BMW M5 that wrapped itself on a post for 50$/wheel undammaged. Got lucky the j-yard didn't know what they were.
I,m not too crazy about the offset (Stick out a little) but for the price i couldn't beat them.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i'm not trying to freak u out but i had these on my sc400 with some khumo ecsta's and i had some problems with the rims getting bent. they were not very structurally sound in my opinion. At the time i was still in brentwood, tn. there are not any potholes there bc tn stays on top of road quality very well in comparison to other places i have lived. Just be careful with those things. aside from that they will look great on your car i'm shure, they are a very clean looking wheel.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

Lol well you did freak me out. How long did you have them on there? Was it real notticable? Were they the 18's? I do love how they look but if ther are gunna go to **** I dont know if I still want them? What did u do with them? Did u try to send them back?
Old 10-11-2003, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes i had the 18x8's in the front and the 18x9's in the rear. i had them on the car for about 20k miles. on the the front right wheel where the lip meets the tire, if u were to look down from above,you could see that the edge had been flattened. You can imagine that this did not make me a happy camper when i saw this. this same problem also occured on the front left and rear left. Although there was visible damage to the rims it was not noticable when driving the car. However this may have been due to the luxury suspension absorbing the possible vibration. I later sold this car due to electrical problems and for the fact that 220rwhp wasn't quite enough. I also didn't like the nasty looks i got for driving a nice black lexus coupe as a 17yr old.

Being honest, i drove this car extremely hard, but it was all abuse to the engine and tranny resulting in burning up tires. I never took this car into a pothole and additionally i checked my tire pressure constantly. i did this due to my awareness of the fact that often low profile tires can be low on pressure without it being noticable to the eye.

since ur probably spending a quick grand on these wheels i think u should mabey look elsewhere. Obviously if i were u i would, due to previous experiences. i never took this up with the manufacturer so i can't tell you how they would handle it. I didn't bother because it wasn't noticable to the common eye and i was selling the car.

Sorry for the essay but i hope this helps save u some stress and money.