Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

drag rims ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by evil8
What are these called? I think if these could be had in a 3.5 with 1.25 backspacing, the might fit the ls1 cars.
The S197 GT fitment and LS1 are nearly identical. They will fit LS1's also.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh boy a sponsor pissing contest! Yippee!

Im going with summit.

Someone delete this?
Old 03-06-2009, 10:07 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

zmonster. Its not a pissing contest at all. Though the summit wheels are not USA made, it's an economical choice which is very hard to not consider. I recommend them to many often. Our or other billet series wheels are not in every persons budget or goal...there are always other options.

Dragwheelz, our hoops can split. Never stated they didn't or won't. I've stated our failure rates I've seen. Our material is actually thicker than what is being used by those "street" wheels. Now that you mention it, maybe our customers were using lighter fluid to seat the tires...thus why they failed.

I find it funny how you blast our drag wheel stating they are so much weaker. We do not use the manufactured hoops BS is using for our drag wheels. Our street/strip wheels, we have used in the past probably the same manufacture that Billet Specialties use for their hoops (2 piece design) ...thus why in the past I've told you and others why our street/strip wheels are no different...go figure, you kept pushing yours were "so different". We have had customers with similar failures.

Now using those front radials as you setup on those "street configurations"...I think you're going to find things are not what you assumed at the beginning. I've been in the business for many years.

Our difference of wheels lies drastically with the application they are used for. Billet specialties is a stated "street" wheel with "SFI" touted ratings which are to be in your terms street rated (not so)....anyways.

Regarding in-house results. I'd be curious as an Engineer as to what they "find" out.

...srider is correct about welds fitment. The backspace is rather small so they may look funny to some something to consider.

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 03-06-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Steve, just curious what you mean by the backspace is rather small? Do you mean because there is not much of a dish?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro396
Steve, just curious what you mean by the backspace is rather small? Do you mean because there is not much of a dish?
It was stated previously the backspace was 1.25" which is small. As you know, the wheel will stick out of the fender well quite a bit. Anything less than 1.75" doesn't fit under the fender well nicely. It also encroaches on the actual plastic fender lip and becoming interference issue.

If you can get a set on the car, take a few pictures, I'm sure there are some members on here that would love to see how they look. There's a friendly Weld rep who frequents here...maybe he can chime in and clarify the backspace options for the fronts. I'm only going by what a previous poster stated on this post.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
It was stated previously the backspace was 1.25" which is small. As you know, the wheel will stick out of the fender well quite a bit. Anything less than 1.75" doesn't fit under the fender well nicely. It also encroaches on the actual plastic fender lip and becoming interference issue.

If you can get a set on the car, take a few pictures, I'm sure there are some members on here that would love to see how they look. There's a friendly Weld rep who frequents here...maybe he can chime in and clarify the backspace options for the fronts. I'm only going by what a previous poster stated on this post.
Oh, that makes sence. I for some reason thought you were talking about the rears. I'm still half asleep.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to Jegs, the front Welds weigh in at 10 lbs and the rears at 15
Old 03-11-2009, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by srider
The S197 GT fitment and LS1 are nearly identical. They will fit LS1's also.
Yes they do!

Quick Reply: drag rims ?'s