Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Chrome, painted wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome, painted wheel question

Ok I have a set of Chrome 18" AR Rebels enroute to me right now. My best friend is an body man/painter by profession. I had talked to him about painting the little nub pieces that no one likes on the wheels black so they are less noticable. The conversation went on for a while till he was telling me about a translucent additive that can be mixed with any color paint. So this got me thinking of painting the spokes a dark grey or nbm to match my car. Just the spokes and leaving the hoop and lip regular chrome. It will not be straight paint being is translucent the chrome/reflectiveness will still come through (think blue 30th wheels). So Just wanted to get your thoughts on what you think would look good.

Oh I think I am going to paint my factory chrome wheels in this manner two blue and two grey to better get an idea what the finished product would look like on the car b4 I F up my new wheels. When I get them done I will post pics, sometime next week.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I couldn't imaging what it would take to keep a spray on coating of any type onto chrome . . . .