Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Feedback on Toyo Proxes TQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on Toyo Proxes TQ

I know theses tires are really new. But i ordered a pair last night. 315/35/17 since the 345's won't tuck. :O( Anyways. I would like any feedback on people whom have used this tire. Thank you.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what do you think of these drag radials now that you've had them on your car?
Old 04-07-2009, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Juicedz28
I know theses tires are really new. But i ordered a pair last night. 315/35/17 since the 345's won't tuck. :O( Anyways. I would like any feedback on people whom have used this tire. Thank you.
I plan to order the Toyo TQ 315/35/18 for my 10.5 wheels ,but I'm waiting to hear some feedback on these tires. Let us know what you think
Old 04-08-2009, 12:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was running nittos in 275 size and was planning to go to nittos in 315 size on my new TTM 10.5 inch rims. But now reading on nitto site they have warnings for cold weather use with the nittos drag radails ,under 32F not recommeneded at all and they want you to store them above 32F and bunch of crap. Maybe not a big deal if you live in florida.I like to drive my cars from end march thru end october and it can get below 32F in spring and fall. So far have not seen any cracking that they show on the nittos site.
So along comes toyo drag radial. They look interesting and guess are not r compound like the nittos and like some other toyos so they don't seem to have the warm weather warning with them. So far so good. But now if you read about them on the toyo site they say you can't repair them if they get a flat and these type of tires are sticky and usually get flats as they pick up just about everything on the road.
They also have lower treadlife ratting than the nittos, are likley sticker than the nitto drags which also would be a good thing.
But the no fix thing bugs me. Spend that kind of money on tires and have to throw them out if get a flat!
I think just going to run some normal tires for daily driving, at least they are safer in the rain then nittos or toyo drag radials and run some real drag tires at the track.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I was running nittos in 275 size and was planning to go to nittos in 315 size on my new TTM 10.5 inch rims. But now reading on nitto site they have warnings for cold weather use with the nittos drag radails ,under 32F not recommeneded at all and they want you to store them above 32F and bunch of crap. Maybe not a big deal if you live in florida.I like to drive my cars from end march thru end october and it can get below 32F in spring and fall. So far have not seen any cracking that they show on the nittos site.
So along comes toyo drag radial. They look interesting and guess are not r compound like the nittos and like some other toyos so they don't seem to have the warm weather warning with them. So far so good. But now if you read about them on the toyo site they say you can't repair them if they get a flat and these type of tires are sticky and usually get flats as they pick up just about everything on the road.
They also have lower treadlife ratting than the nittos, are likley sticker than the nitto drags which also would be a good thing.
But the no fix thing bugs me. Spend that kind of money on tires and have to throw them out if get a flat!
I think just going to run some normal tires for daily driving, at least they are safer in the rain then nittos or toyo drag radials and run some real drag tires at the track.
who cares on the repair? I would never repair my bfg drag radials. y mtet streets are the same way onmy 67 Camaro. Whens the last time you had a flat? I hav had only since 91 and if you do have a flat put a tube in it and call it a day
Old 03-09-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

I've got these tires sittin in my room waitin on the 10.5" wheels that I want to get released.. I think these tires are gonna ROCK. I can just tell they are gonna be super sticky. Can't wait to get them on

Quick Reply: Feedback on Toyo Proxes TQ