Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire mounting question?

Old 04-12-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tire mounting question?

Thought someone that mounts tires for a living out there might can help with this question. I just had a new tire mounted on my 17 inch chrome GM wheel and they used a machine by korghi and said nothing touches the wheel at all. The first tire they put on I had no damage. The second time the tire was replaced (1st tire was a bad new tire) they scratched the outer edge of the chrome lip. I didn't notice it at first because there was black rubber on the lip right where the scratch was. When I cleaned the wheel and got that off there is was. I showed it to them and they said nothing touches the wheel. I asked if the tire itself might have scratch the lip if they turned it on the lip instead of just pushing the tire down. I didn't get an answer and in the near future I need 2 more tires. Any ideas what could cause this to happen?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have a korghi machine where I work and we mount tires on wheels everyday and never have a scratch. I dont know how you could scratch a wheel with this machine unless it wasn't set up for the right size wheel. If its a 17 inch wheel we usually put in like 17.2 or 17.3 into the machine so it stays away from the lip.

Search this Thread