Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

quick tire question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 01:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick tire question

Well the tread on my right front tire is getting so bad you can start to see the metal wires that go around the sidewall. However I'm very tight on money right now, so I need something cheap but good quality and will offer good handling. This is a daily driver and I do not change the tires out in the winter, so basically I'm just looking for a good cheap performance all season tire. The rims are C5 Z06 style, 17" x 9.5" in the front and 18" x 10.5" in the rear. When I got the rims I also purchased a set of General Exclaim UHP radials, which I have been very pleased with as far as traction (especially in the rain) and handling.

Also should I replace both fronts at the same time? There is more tread left on the drivers side than the other tire but it will still need to be replaced sometime soon.

Last edited by ncfastls1; 04-22-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check ebay for used tires.

otherwise, head down to discount and get some no-name ones. Can't have good and cheap AND all-season.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should look into why one tire is wearing uneven compared to the other one, and I would buy 2 tires not just 1. Just get cheap tires like falkens or sumi's or something.