Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need help picking a tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help picking a tire

I've been searching the tire section and found a few options that interest me but I can't decide which would be best.

I am getting a 12 bolt rear in a few weeks and want to get a better tire than my Bfgoodrich 275/40/17 KD's. I want to be able to hook with my setup (445hp, 4000 stall 2.5 str) on the street. With the KD's pretty much any time I give it a moderate amount of gas the car goes sideways. It's great for handling though.

I have two spare SS wheels that are 9.5" wide that I will use for mounting drag radials. My car is only used on nice weekends so I'm not concerned with tread life as much as I want to hook. One thing I'm concerned a little bit is tires that do not have the extra rubber on the sides to cover the lip of the wheel. I'm also lowered 1.25" so I'm not sure how the 295/45/17 size tire will fit or if I will have any problems running a smaller diameter tire up front.

Options:

MT ET Street Radial 275/40/17
MT ET Street Radial II 295/45/17
Toyo Proxes TQ 275/40/17

I'd make this into a poll but can't figure out how to make it work. What do you guys think? If anyone has pictures of the MT ET Street Radials in my size that would be nice. I couldn't find any by searching.