Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Sunset Orange Bird with Comp Grey wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sunset Orange Bird with Comp Grey wheels?

Does anyone have this combo? I have seen a SOM Bird and I think it was DSOM Vette with gunmetal rims that looked better than I expected, but I don't know if anyone has tried comp grey on SOM.

I currently have black with machined lip C5 Z06s on my SOM Formula but I have been thinking about trying some new wheels. I like the way black wheels look on SOM, but I also like chrome, and hyper silver or gunmetal aren't bad either. The wheels I am thinking about come in Comp Grey though so if that looked good it might be an option too.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:57 AM
TECH Resident

Well I guess not. The reason I brought this up in the first place was that I was thinking about perhaps some new wheels like the new replica ZR1s or 09 Z06's which are both available in some good options like chrome, black chrome, silver, or Comp Grey. I know that chome looks good with SOM, and silver isn't too bad, I have seen one picture of a SOM Formula Firehawk with black chrome Hawk wheels which looked pretty good. I have seen a few gunmetal wheels as I said but no Comp Grey on SOM. What got me thinking about Comp Grey in the first place was 6LITEREATER's pictures, which to me looks pretty similar to gunmetal and I think they would look alright with SOM, but would like a pic or someone's first hand opinion to be sure.

Last edited by HAZ-Matt; 07-25-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say do it. That would be a nice color combination. Doing comp. grey would be a nice touch to the SOM.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is someone with a SOM Z28 that has the Gunmetal ZR1's, it looks really good.. Also another wheel that looks great in Gunmetal is the Simmons.. I was going to post some pics of Speed Inc. SOM Z with the gunmetal simmons but it looks like they no longer have pics with those wheels.. It looks really good.. Either way, the grey wheels look great with SOM IMO, you can't go wrong.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it would look good if it was the right design. I've seen pics of a C6 with the comp grey wheels, and I like it. I'd actually like to see a set on a NBM car too.

Just about anything would look better than those C5 Z's you have on there now.

I hate those wheels on 'Birds with a passion.

No offense, your car is gorgeous otherwise, but IMO those wheels are just fugly.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Resident

I am a bit undecided on what I want to do. I still like my C5 Z06's but I think I want to go with something new and brighter. Which probably means I am going to end up with something in chrome, silver or hypersilver but I wasn't leaving out Comp Grey or Gunmetal just yet.

I'd like to see more pics of the 09 Z06s on Birds, specifically V6's/Formulas. I think the only one I have seen is WIws6's black TA which looks pretty nice with the chrome Spyders

But a nice set of "Deep Dish" Y2K's would probably also look good. They are a pretty simple/clean design and I think are a bit nicer than the factory style Y2Ks.

Quick Reply: Sunset Orange Bird with Comp Grey wheels?