Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

GoodYear Eagle RS-A tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 06:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GoodYear Eagle RS-A tires

Around here a LOT of different Police Dept's use the Eagle RS-A's on their cars... They are not as wide as mine but still...

I figure that these guys do 'some' testing before they go out and spend that much money on tires for 'a buttload' of police cars. Performance testing, Price comparisons, etc.

You would think that if the cops are using them that they can't be that bad, Right?

Can anyone tell me why we do not hear much stuff about them here?... Except for suggestions about what to 'replace' them with...
Are the RS-A's really that bad? Were the cops just trying to save the allmighty taxpayer dollar?

Old 11-24-2003, 10:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They probably just get a killer deal from Goodyear on these tires that basically nobody wants. They flat out suck. When I had them on my 95 Trans Am (which I had bought new) I couldn't wait to get rid of them, and within the first 6 months I replaced them with BFG Comp TA ZRs.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Other than the relatively SHORT LIFE mine have had, (which I blame on the weight of my foot during acceleration..) I didn't think mine were that bad.

I tried looking around to see if I could find any specs. (like stopping distances or something) but I couldn't find sqat on these tires anywhere.

What bugged you the worst about your RS-A's Patman and how much did you have to lay down fo the BFG's?
Old 11-26-2003, 07:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The RSAs were simply an all around terrible tire, they didn't hook well in the dry, they weren't very good in the rain, so I couldn't see living with them any longer.

I believe I ended up paying $900 CDN for a set of 4 BFGs back then, they gave me a bit of a trade in value on my RSAs (something like $100 IIRC)
Old 11-26-2003, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

worst radial I've ever owned, no grip whatsoever...
Old 11-27-2003, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mine sucked also,i had 2 bad ones from the factory.got those replaced under warranty and about 1000 miles later they were shot again.i just replaced them with bfg g force kdws and love em.
Old 11-28-2003, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

rsa's are good tires to smoke the sh*T OUT OF THEN TOSS