Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tomzwheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 03:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1
$170 is not too bad when comparing them to Fikse wheels at $300 each, but quality reflects on price.
I'd like to know where you're getting Fikse's for 300 a rim... Do tell pweeze lol
Old 11-07-2009, 06:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Powdercoating sounds like a good idea, will check into it. Thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 09:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Originally Posted by kicksZ28
Don't know too many people that would pay a grand for wheel, maybe a doper. $300 is about as high as I would go for a wheel. Like everything it comes down to budget. As far as you calling me cheap you know nothing about me and don't start making assumptions because I don't pay a grand for a wheel.
You need to do some research before making statements like that. You stating that $170 a wheel isnt cheap, and that a grand per wheel is so high says either:
A) you're cheap or B) you're uneducated about why the wheels cost what they do. Do you think that companies just decide to charge those kind of prices for fun and their is no reason behind it? Shoot a pm to Nineball or any of the other wheel distributors and ask why forged wheels costs what they do. Some wheels cost the manufacturers themselves several thousand dollars to make.

Originally Posted by LT1
$170 is not too bad when comparing them to Fikse wheels at $300 each, but quality reflects on price.
Youre not getting NEAR that price for a used Forged wheel, let alone a brand new one. Not to mention that Fikse closed their doors.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets move on from this stupid issue of what rims cost. May I ask what you have on your pontiac? I am not a rim expert as you are, congratulations! As far as what I will pay-I have other obligations financially other than $4,000 wheel sets. I am, as many here are, glad we have someone of your caliber who can talk about cheap when this post wasn't about what a wheel costs. Shouldn't you be on a porsche or ferrari forum where money is no object. Done with this post. Thanks to you that stayed on topic and made suggestions about how to fix my problem.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Originally Posted by kicksZ28
Lets move on from this stupid issue of what rims cost. May I ask what you have on your pontiac? I am not a rim expert as you are, congratulations! As far as what I will pay-I have other obligations financially other than $4,000 wheel sets. I am, as many here are, glad we have someone of your caliber who can talk about cheap when this post wasn't about what a wheel costs. Shouldn't you be on a porsche or ferrari forum where money is no object. Done with this post. Thanks to you that stayed on topic and made suggestions about how to fix my problem.
Sure you may ask, Ive had everything from stock wheels to Vette wheels, ADR's to the new set of wheels being made for the car. Thats fine that you have obligations that dont allow you to get a forged wheel, but that wasnt the argument. You knock them simply because of the price even though you have no idea why they cost what they do. Im sorry you had a bad experience with your wheels, and honestly, for what itll cost to powdercoat them, you may look into a new set for close to the same price.I saw you make a blanket statement and that is misinformation and felt the need to comment on it.....end of story.Good luck with whatever you do.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Powder coating may solve your issue but look to pay about $500 - $600 for the set at a reputable shop. And make sure you get someone good because if they don't prep it right the powder coating will crack too.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

My car is garaged too and I don't have AR factory chrome plating as mine we previously re-chromed by the previous owner but I never use anything but soap and water to clean them most of the time or glass cleaner if I am on the road. Maybe a lil car wax once in a while too.
Fisk is out of business, fwiw

PS: To the OP you would be amazed at what some of these guys pay for rims, IMHO

Last edited by 99'CajunFirehawk157; 11-07-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:11 AM
LT1
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

KicksZ28 - if you were asking about my pontiac thats a photochop of mine with Fikse FM5

Originally Posted by Gordo78
I'd like to know where you're getting Fikse's for 300 a rim... Do tell pweeze lol
Well, there affordable set was listed on the website as being closer to 300, but i'm sure that was for there smaller sized wheel.

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Youre not getting NEAR that price for a used Forged wheel, let alone a brand new one. Not to mention that Fikse closed their doors.
Probly not, but either way like you said Fikse isnt even answering calls i dont know what happend to them.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Hey guys i need some help last week i hit a pot hole and messed up 2 off my rims is their a place were i could buy just a pair?
Old 11-09-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes you can.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:24 AM

Default TomsWheelz is now LSPerformance.net

Any questions regarding Tomswheelz can be answered @ lsperformance.net