Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Newbie needs some help

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Newbie needs some help

Its nearly time to get some new tires and I would also like to get new wheels at the same time. What I want is the Mickey Thompson look for the street (small rims big rubber like below) but I am having a hard time finding what options are available. My car is stock (at least as far as the wheels/tires are concerned) and I am looking for cheap as my car is a daily driver. I would like to go larger in the rear and I do not care if I have to reset the speedo again (added 4.10 gears) Any advise or vendors I should look at would be appreciated. (Tire Rack is usless for this type of style)
Attached Thumbnails Newbie needs some help-0903gmhtp_02_z-2002_chevy_camaro_z28-mickey_thompson_tires.jpg  
Old 01-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Staging Lane

Nobody has ideas on where to look?
Old 01-29-2010, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the ones in the pic are the wrong bs for your application .... you need a 7.5 bs 15x10 rim draglites or prostars but you will need to grind your calipers .... weld have a rim that will fit without grinding but there big money
Old 01-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry the pic was just to show the style I am looking for. What I really need to know is what sizes I can fit onto a stock camaro. I have tried searching but most of the threads are about fitting the bigest rims or the widest tires. What I want is a smaller rim with a lot of rubber. I don't expect everyone to just solve this for me but if anyone has any ideas on where to look that would be great. I have tried Micky Thompson's site but wow is it not helpful for searching.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much are you wanting to spend Thats were you need to start..Dont grind on your calipers if its a daily driver...Not Safe... Look into the billet specialties street lites. They have to made for an fbody..15s for the racer or "racer look" up 17s like mine below for an aggressive look but not the race car look..

These are about $1200-1400 before tires..