Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Friend needs some help...

Old 05-02-2010, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friend needs some help...

A buddy of mine asked if I could post this for him. I told him to look through the site but he couldn't come up with much. If yall don't mind giving some input that would be great and I'll pass it on. Thanks in advance!

I have a 2002 Camaro Z28. I have a 416 C.I.D. stroker engine that makes a little over 600hp (550 RWHP), as well as Moser 9" rear-end with 4.56 gearing.

The rear end was not shortened at all, so the car still has the same back spacing, tire, and rim size that it came from the factory with. It also has the stock ride height. There have been changes made to the rear suspension, but, those did not affect the ride height.

I mostly drive the car on the weekends as a toy, occasionally I will take it to a test and tune day at a strip. Because of the lack of tire adhesion, my best time is 12.6 at 118mph. That is walking it off the line in 2nd gear still with a lot of wheel spin. The 60 foot times are terrible because of this.

The wheels are still the same stock wheels, 16"s and the brakes have not been modified, so rotors are the same as stock.

I'm looking for the widest tire that I can fit on my car to give me the best grip as well as rims and tires with enough side wall to wrinkle to get the most traction.

Search this Thread