Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Correct way to mount tire?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Correct way to mount tire?

Got my tires on my stock wheels...noticed that the arrows on the back two tires are pointing in opposite directions. The weird thing is...three of them have the arrow pointing counter clockwise. I know this is such a newb question, but which way is the correct way to mount the tire?:

This:

or this?:

Old 07-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Launching!

The arrow represents the rotation the tire is supposed to spin when moving forward, which is common on directional tires. When you mount them the arrows should point toward the front of the vehicle cause that's how the tires will be rotating when your car is moving forward. And don't worry if it's a newb question that's how we learn.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

we the wheel face up on the ground and look at the arrow if it's pointing to the right it goes on the right side of the car (passenger) if it points left it goes on the left side (driver) just make sure the arrow is not upside down cause that can confuse you... a lot of people dont realize they have directional tires and rotate there stuff side to side or the person that mounts the tires when you buy them didnt realize they were directional... no biggie though hoep thise helps
Old 07-28-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

Most definitely helps. I looked at some pics of some salad shooter Camaros. My wheels were definitely mounted on the car wrong. Thanks guys!!

Quick Reply: Correct way to mount tire?