Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Locking lugs no key!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locking lugs no key!!!

My friend needs some help guys!!! He is a US Airman stationed in Misawa Japan!!! He saved and saved and once he got there he bought the car of his dreams, a Mazda RX7 twin turbo 6 speed!!! But only a month went by before he got his first flat. He quickly realized that he doesn't have the key for the wheels, and neither does the previous owner who now lives in Turkey anyway. So he has been trying to get it off for a month. He tried the socket but he said he cant find a deep enough and small enough socket, and there's no room to hammer it on. He has Tuner style spline locking lug buts. No one on base offers a mobile service. He cant have it towed off base basically because he doesn't know where to take it, no one knows any place to recommend to him. the ONE shop on base doesn't have the tools they say. Hes trying to reach out to the local RX7 community but hes having no luck. Are there any methods you guys know of that i can recommend to him? Everyone just says hammer on a socket which he has already tried. I think he said hes bought 9 different sockets. Any help is appreciated guys!
Old 07-26-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Tool-.../dp/B000OUZBNC

You may want to check, an Autozone may have this kind of kit. If they do, they will most likely rent it to you for free. But really, the kit is only $40.00 plus shipping.

****, if he's in Japan, he can probably get it for 32 cents.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He needs to be using a 12pt deep chrome socket. It should do the trick.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:34 PM

Unhappy

This probably isn't a forum for Lexus owners, but I am desperately looking for help. I purchased a Lexus LS400 and need to have new tires mounted. However, the key to unlock the rims is damaged. I've gone to a couple wheel & tire shops, but they didn't have this type of key. The only info I can provide, other than a pic, is that the key has a stamped number on one end: 463

I'm hoping there's someone, anyone that might be familiar with ZNX rims. If I post a pic of the key I need, would someone help me out?

Tireless in NJ,
Adriana*
Old 08-24-2010, 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a socket smaller than they one it requires and pound it on
Old 08-24-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abookout
This probably isn't a forum for Lexus owners, but I am desperately looking for help. I purchased a Lexus LS400 and need to have new tires mounted. However, the key to unlock the rims is damaged. I've gone to a couple wheel & tire shops, but they didn't have this type of key. The only info I can provide, other than a pic, is that the key has a stamped number on one end: 463

I'm hoping there's someone, anyone that might be familiar with ZNX rims. If I post a pic of the key I need, would someone help me out?

Tireless in NJ,
Adriana*
Any Dealer or Mom and Pop shop should be able to take it off. I have no idea what type of places you are going to. I highly doubt you are going to find a shop with the key they need to just break it off. Call local shops or the Lexus dealer. It's that easy!!!!! I have had it done twice.

Quick Reply: Locking lugs no key!!!