Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Ditching front spacers with Welds up front?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 04:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,239 Likes on 790 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default Ditching front spacers with Welds up front?

I'm still running 5/16 spacers up front but I will clearance the brakes up front at least until I upgrade the front brakes.

Is the clearancing for the fronts similar to the rears?
Old 01-24-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its alot less grinding than the rears, I did both my fronts in about an hour (including fitting, grinding, checking, fitting.....) Tom the Roofer had some pics he sent me that showed exactly where you need to grind, might wanna hit him up for them. You only have to take down the "ridge".

Shawn
Old 01-25-2004, 07:59 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a couple pics of my fronts, I was putting some arp studs in this afternoon so I had the wheels off.

Have to be careful though, I had them ground where they didnt touch at all but after a hotlapping my car yesterday at a local 1/8 mile track the left front wheel locked up for a second when I was making the u-turn at the return road. It let go after a couple seconds but something was grinding, I had to sit at the end of the track for a few minutes before the car would roll again - the caliper/rotor heated up enough to expand and grab the wheel - I used the furthest turnoff afterwards and it was OK

I do have some super-duper, extra thick non warping rotors though so you may not have to grind as much as I did..