Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

315s & Tramlining, Anyone have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yahelou
It was pretty stupid on my behalf to do that. I just wanted all the tires to match, im retarded like that. haha.

i have thought about it. but why do u suggest it, and how big of a spacer?
Yeah me too-I intended on road racing my car, as far as the spacers -I misunderstood I thought there was an issue out back with 315s-sorry
Old 02-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Teching In

My cars doing it with 295's on the back...245's on the front. Weird, but I Just try to go a bit slower on those lame bumpy roads. Take smooth roads!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say go to a more streetable front tire, I run bfg's up front with hoosier dr's in the back and it handles great. Also why dont you put your rims and tires on a buddies car and drive it to see if the problem happens on his car if not then you know you have a suspension problem of some kind.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
Those are aspect ratios (aka sidewall height). They already stated their widths. All wide tires will have some trammeling effect. Most cas on the road have narrower tires than our cars. Therefore, the ruts in the concrete is too narrow for our tires to sit in completely, and they hop along in the ruts. I am willing to bet that the softer case construction of having drag radials in the front is just amplifying this effect.
oh ur right, i was thinking it didnt sound right when i was typing it, but i couldnt figure a word for it.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransAmatt99
I would say go to a more streetable front tire, I run bfg's up front with hoosier dr's in the back and it handles great. Also why dont you put your rims and tires on a buddies car and drive it to see if the problem happens on his car if not then you know you have a suspension problem of some kind.
problem is i dont know much ppl here with camaros in memphis.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SSCamaro99_3
Those are aspect ratios (aka sidewall height). They already stated their widths. All wide tires will have some trammeling effect. Most cas on the road have narrower tires than our cars. Therefore, the ruts in the concrete is too narrow for our tires to sit in completely, and they hop along in the ruts. I am willing to bet that the softer case construction of having drag radials in the front is just amplifying this effect.
I have not for the life of me figured out the how or why people are so confused with tire sizing. I have literally had numerous heated arguments with people telling me the aspect ratio was the width
Old 02-17-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I have not for the life of me figured out the how or why people are so confused with tire sizing. I have literally had numerous heated arguments with people telling me the aspect ratio was the width
Probably a carryover from the old system. An F60-15 equals a 235/16/15. The number in that scenario is the aspect ratio. It is not however a percentage like we are accustomed to.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/...conversion.htm
Old 02-17-2011, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
My stock 275 wide tires do this a little to terrible, depends on the road. Nature of the beast.
Thats just sorry *** louisiana roads! I cant stand hwy 147 between Arcadia and Hodge I will drive to ruston to drive on 167 it adds about 30-45 mins, some times none haha

Quick Reply: 315s & Tramlining, Anyone have this problem?