Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

give me a little help

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default give me a little help

I've had my trans am for about two years and the only thing I've done is lower it with strano springs and some slp bilstein shocks. The springs are awesome btw. If you don't have them...get them. I did not have any money because I'm just a poor college student, but I recently got a good engineering internship this summer so I'm going to buy some wheels. I've been looking at fikse fm10's...I'm very stubborn and they are probably the only wheels I will even look at now. So I did a search about fikse sponsors and offsets. No luck. All crap threads. Now I am going to buy these wheels within 6 months. I was wondering what offset I should go with on the back and the front for a lowered f-body with 17# wheels. I plan on running a nice street tire or a drag radial (nt05r or somthing like that) on the back in a 315. So I will be getting a 11.5# in the back. A 295 or 285 in the front so a 9.5# on the front. What offset would you all get with a lowered t/a? (Front and back?) It has a stock, crappy, 10# rear end and I don't really care if I bust it as it's leaking, and I'll just invest in a 12 bolt in the future. Also what sponsor would you buy it from as thunderracing doesn't have them anymore. Also what would you recommend for a front street all season tire? I am not really looking into making the car a drag racer, but rather a really nice street car so even any suggestions as to what kind of rear tire I should use is welcome. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Anyone?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Why not contact Fikse directly? That would be your best bet as they have outfitted many Fbodies and are very familiar with what sizes and offset/backspacing works on our cars best. There is a member on here that is a direct contact to Fikse. As far as tires go, why not stick with the NT05 for the front as well? Personally I went with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's all around and love them. I on the other hand do not have the need for drag radials on the street.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Well I just checked their site and I sent them a query into the wheels. Plus there is the 10% discount for ls1tech members. So now it just leaves me to decide what tires I want to mount on the car. I looked at the michelins and they look pretty nice. Any other suggestions as to what would be a good street tire? or drag radial used on the street?