Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

well, this is nice.....

Old 09-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well, this is nice.....

Bought a 98 Z28 and it had a set of 17x9.5 ZO6 chrome rims (C5 rims, but I'm getting ahead of myself). So naturally I wanted some 315's on the back like I used to have on my 99 SS. Those where ZR1 wheels and 17x11's on the back. Well, I could not find any 17x11 ZO6 wheels anywhere so, and here is where the story takes a turn for the worse, I dial up my trusty ebay and I buy a set of 18x10.5 ZO6 chrome rims thinking I can put a nice wide tire on them.

I finally settle on some 295/35-18's from tirerack and after taking the group to Firestone to be mounted and ballanced, I was on my happy butt way back home to mount them on the Z.

Then, diasaster strikes. After putting them on my wife points out that they are not the same style wheel. This is actually her car, and her daily driver, So you can imagine my dumbfounded look as I tried to bend reality to make the differences in the new and old wheels to go away. Deep dish I thought, yeah that's all that is different. 18 vs 17, yeah, that's all it is. Clean rim vs. dirty rim, yeah, that's surely all it is.

Crap, nope. I now have a nice new set of C6 ZO6's on the rear to go along with the C5 ZO6's on the front.

Wow, how in the Sam Hill could I have screwed that up?

Anyway, too tired and two frustrated to search tonight. Any one who has taken the time to read this and laugh, please let me know if I can find some 17x9.5 C6 ZO6 rims online and where.

Oh, and I will soon have a nice set of C5 ZO6 rims for sale.

Thank you, and good night.

S
Old 09-12-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call either of these places & tell em what you need
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/...06-Deep-Dish_6
or: http://www.corvette-wheels.com/c6-z0...sh-chrome.html

Sorry about the mix-up. Don't worry, I have a story worse than yours that I won't speak of out of sheer embarrassment Good luck!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man!

Search this Thread