Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Summit's giving me the shaft!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Summit's giving me the shaft!

Hey Fellas, I ordered a set of 315/35/17 Nt05 DR's from summit a few days back. Got them in today and they where 275/40/17's. I immedietly called to see what they could do to fix this problem and I honestly feel mistreated. First off the guy put me on hold for nearly 5 mins just so he could take the time to go back and listen to my order (that they recorded) just to verify that I was'nt giving him BS. He was like " well you did tell the salesman you wanted 315's ..but he not only sent you 275's..but he also only charged you the price of the 275's". So now I have to go through the trouble of shipping them back, wich requires my gas money and printing paper to print off the shipping paper (doohickey) and on top of that I have to pay an extra 30 bucks (since that was the price between the 315's and 275's) and Summit does'nt even have them in stock so I now have to wait till around Jan the 1st to get my tires!!. The guy I spoke with today acted like he was doing me a favor by just paying for the shipping to have them returned!.They did'nt have any symphathy about the fact THEY!! are the ones who messed up and now I wont' get my tires I need for another 3 weeks..any idea about what I should do or say to them? Or am I just complaining too much?..I feel mistreaded guys lol
Old 12-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Launching!

That sux's. Should have used Discount tire. Use the 275's for the front.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

id call someone and bitch for sure.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

call back another time and talk to someone else.

and if they say the same thing just stand your ground and tell them no your fucked up and you need to fix this mistake im not paying to fix your mistake when i did nothing wrong and if they dont do anything sell the tires and but the tires you want you should be able to sell a set of 275 radials pretty fast
Old 12-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KEVS98LS1
That sux's. Should have used Discount tire. Use the 275's for the front.
well they are drag radials so I dont' think they'd last too long being up front lol
Old 12-12-2011, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
well they are drag radials so I dont' think they'd last too long being up front lol
sure tey will because you wont be doing burnouts lol they could be the longest lasting drag radials ever and would handle like nothing before
Old 12-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SKULL
sure tey will because you wont be doing burnouts lol they could be the longest lasting drag radials ever and would handle like nothing before
I'm not sure if to take that comment serious or if you was just messing around?..lol either way I know my muscle car buddies would laugh at me if they seen me running Nitto DR's on the front of my car lol..I want my 315/35's for the rear but damn I did'nt want to have to wait 3 weeks..if i had known they did'nt have them in stock , then i would've chosen another place to order them from the get go.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:24 PM
12 Second Club

Unacceptable... threaten with BBB - I would. GL
Old 12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Summit will match prices on tires.. I found a set of 335's for 100 a tire less than what they quoted me and was going to match it. Im sure if you keep asking for supervisors and gripe long enough you can get all the fees waived..
Old 12-12-2011, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love when people complain about gas money to go to the gas station and paper to print off ****. Really? Complain about the order, complain about the shipping if you have to pay that back, but if you're that petty to complain about little **** like that, I feel sorry for you.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Guitar
I love when people complain about gas money to go to the gas station and paper to print off ****. Really? Complain about the order, complain about the shipping if you have to pay that back, but if you're that petty to complain about little **** like that, I feel sorry for you.
The point is dude, I should'nt be complaining about ANYTHING..buuut since Summit got the order wrong now IIII have dirve my 520 RWHP procharged SS to the UPS store (taking time and gas) to fix something THEEEEY messed up. If owned a bussines then I would do everything in my ability to correct everything at NO expense to the customer. If I wanted to use gas to go buy the tires then I would've driven to where the Summit warehouse is at in GA

Facts here are >>I ordered and paid for over the phone a specific set of tires.

waited for tires to arrive that I paid for only to find out they sent the wrong size

I now have to take the tires to UPS store and ship them back and WAIT THREE weeks to get the correct tires that I ordered from the get go

worts part is now I have to pay the price difference between the different sizes wich woud've been no big deal if they had sent me the correct size in the first place..Then I'd have the correct tires on my car along with the correct ammount of money paid for them..instead of the wrong size sitting in my garage while already paying the 30$ price difference only to be forced to wait 3 weeks to get the correct tires.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by projectX
Unacceptable... threaten with BBB - I would. GL
I would love to threaten them with BBB...uhh...what is BBB tho?
Old 12-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
I would love to threaten them with BBB...uhh...what is BBB tho?
Better Bussiness Bureau.But here is the deal ..... If they are not a memeber you can't complain about them.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Banned

I'ma just call them tomorrow and complain to a manager about the fact they fXXXed up my order..and now want me to pay more money and wait 3 weeks..if they would've gotten my order right from the get go then they could've told me they did'nt have the 315's in stock and I (of course) would've ordered the tires from another place that had them in stock.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try calling again and catch another different rep on the phone. They can help you, just sometimes you get on the phone with the wrong person.

Imo stuff happens and it's not a big deal that you have to drop it off and have it shipped back, they're paying for the shipping and that's fair enough. Not much else any store would do for you lol Maybe, just maybe, they would get you the 315 tire for the same price for the mixup.

But if the price you paid was for a 315 tire and it says so on the reciept then that's BS. You payed for a 315, and you better get it.
OR just tell them you just want a full refund and buy from elsewhere.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was kidding by the way but you should really contemplate putting drag radials on all four corners and changing the license plate to ya awd
Old 12-12-2011, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Ilovechevy1 check your PM's
Old 12-12-2011, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Should have got them from discount tire. They are the best hands down
Old 12-13-2011, 05:58 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

summit is a good place, some of the people that work there on the other hand i just dont know about, what summit did you call? every time i call summit for something i know more about anything then the person on the other end of the phone does, sometimes i find myself hanging up and calling a few times just to try and get someone that is not a moron, sorry to hear about that , i swear they need to hire people with some auto know how lol
Old 12-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

last time i called i ordered some lug nuts, had part number and everything, it was such a pain in the ***, this guy started to ask me questions, i said no , you just need my card info,part number,and my address, then you send to me lol