Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Powdercoating cost

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powdercoating cost

I plan on getting my ws6 wheels powdercoated with a polished lip but the chrome on the lip is worn so I'm getting them rechromed. What should be the price on getting them coated and rechromed. Also what is the difference between getting the wheels painted versus coated? I want the wheels to be a shiny black like the ceta firebird wheels.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand... You said you want it PC'd with a polish lip but you want it re-chrome?

I thought the WS6 wheels are polished with clear on them from the factory. If the lip is dull, just strip the clear coat and leave it polished or PC'd and leave the lip polished.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bene
I don't understand... You said you want it PC'd with a polish lip but you want it re-chrome?

I thought the WS6 wheels are polished with clear on them from the factory. If the lip is dull, just strip the clear coat and leave it polished or PC'd and leave the lip polished.

I agree, strip the clearcoat first and see if you like that. Then, you can always get the centers powder coated.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bene

Parts if my wheels are very dull like something has been peeled off but it's not shinny. But I guess I can just get it re-polished
Old 12-22-2011, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have to fully strip the wheels. only firehawk wheels were chromed. ive been quoted around 100 bucks a wheel for a total overhaul of the wheels