Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

28's and the street

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28's and the street

I am in need of some new tires and I was looking at the 325/40 18's from m&h which is a 28" tall tire which I really like. But is anyone running that big of a tire on the street. I drive my car around 80-200 miles a week. i would like to stay as cheap as I can but don't want to sacrifice quality. Also what's the tread life on most tires this size? I drive all highway and do a little street racing on the weekends. Any help, ideas, pics, all is very much appreciated
Old 08-13-2012, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for your application youre gonna want to look at a different tire for a few reasons. one the are over 28" tall and take quite a bit of hammering and cutting to fit. two they last about 3k miles so for daily driver status of 80-200 miles a week they will get expensive fast. and three with you mods in your sig (if thats correct) they will slow you down noticeably due to how tall they are

but they are bad *** tires

Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O ok, and thanks for the heads up, is thus just because of how wide they are is what causes so much work? Also i have heard with my higher of gears it will help to have a taller tire and with a larger sidewall it will help with traction issues i have. But on a side note that car is sick.