Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Question about C5 Z06 Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about C5 Z06 Wheels

I've got a 2000 Z28 on stock wheels, and desperately want to get some gloss all black c5 z06 wheels. NOT the black ones with the polished lip. My preference is the all gloss black. Obviously these aren't sold that way, so my question is, where'e the best place to buy these, and how can I get them gloss black? By either powdercoating or painting? Any advice would be appreciated!!!!! Thanks!
Old 06-14-2013, 08:05 AM
11 Second Club

my buddy found some in the classifieds here on Tech.. he looked for about a month so they are not too common. also check ebay.. prob going to have to get the stock gunmetal color and get them powdercoated or you could plasti-dip them for cheaper
Old 06-14-2013, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Joshmaro
I've got a 2000 Z28 on stock wheels, and desperately want to get some gloss all black c5 z06 wheels. NOT the black ones with the polished lip. My preference is the all gloss black. Obviously these aren't sold that way, so my question is, where'e the best place to buy these, and how can I get them gloss black? By either powdercoating or painting? Any advice would be appreciated!!!!! Thanks!
I got mine from a guy who had plasti dipped them. They're 17x9.5 all 4 but I peeled the plasti dip off and sprayed them gloss black. I like the gloss black much better. Here's a pic
Attached Thumbnails Question about C5 Z06 Wheels-image.jpg  
Old 06-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Teching In

So you spray painted yours yourself then? That's the finish I'm looking for. It turned out fine? Were they chrome before you painted them? And you found me on Instagram lol!
Old 06-14-2013, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Joshmaro
So you spray painted yours yourself then? That's the finish I'm looking for. It turned out fine? Were they chrome before you painted them? And you found me on Instagram lol!
Yeah man i sprayed them myself and they were silver before i painted them. They are real zo6's so they are really light weight.. lighter than i would have ever expected. Finish came out great. Im happy with them and really like them.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

I had a chrome finish on my c5 z06 wheels (it was an option) now..they peeled and had scratches...
had them media blasted, and powder coated for about $80 a wheel. they came out perfect and i can easily wipe them and not worry about scratches.

powdercoat is a stronger finish then paint.

Quick Reply: Question about C5 Z06 Wheels